What's new

Physical Modelling Trumpet in Zebra2

Wow, Eugene Latsko's trombone is impressive realism.

For your project, the basis is there, but the legato / portamento is too pronounced from my point of view.
It might also be necessary to put a bit of chaos in the vibrato (intensity and random frequency).
Adding a light sound of air flow will also help to make the whole credible.
Otherwise it's on the right track.

Wow, Eugene Latsko's trombone is impressive realism.

For your project, the basis is there, but the legato / portamento is too pronounced from my point of view.
It might also be necessary to put a bit of chaos in the vibrato (intensity and random frequency).
Adding a light sound of air flow will also help to make the whole credible.
Otherwise it's on the right track.

Thanks! I will try to fix these things when I have time :)

A video tutorial would be nice! ;)

Maybe I will make one around christmas. In the middle of exams right now.

I atleast plan to improve it even further using the feedback I got, so I will upload a new version when I have made changes :)

Sounds great! Would it be possible to add control over the vibrato amplitude and speed? Maybe utilizing AT and a CC. Zebra2 keeps amazing me, I should use it more often...

Hey guys,

here's a trumpet patch I've been working on. Hope you enjoy it!

I would love some feedback!

P.S. I took some inspiration from the Eugene Latsko trombone-patch, mostly on the reverb. Shout-out to him for making that great sounding patch!

This is a fantastic patch. Really great job. It also makes an excellent template for many other acoustic like instruments by just changing the base OSC waveform.

Hey guys,

here's a trumpet patch I've been working on. Hope you enjoy it!

I would love some feedback!

P.S. I took some inspiration from the Eugene Latsko trombone-patch, mostly on the reverb. Shout-out to him for making that great sounding patch!

I recently downloaded this Zebra2 patch and finally have been using it. Nice one.

A discovery I made: use this patch, then double the part adjusting Zebra's Global/Microtuning setting as follow:
Track 1 = default tuning;
Track 2 = Topsy Turvy selected with tuning button ON.

That results in a nice t-bone accompaniment with the HD Solo Tpt. Insta-brass. :rolleyes:

Short sample from a Zappa tune I am arranging. (Note: a 3rd filtered HD solo tpt* comes in at the end replacing the original (Track 1) tpt sound == your patch has legs!)

Thanks to OP.

* now sounding similar to the ProjectSam's Tongue in Cheek trumpet.

Attachments

• Zappa brass cue.mp3
    526.5 KB
Last edited:
Top Bottom