What's new

Phaseplant!!!!!!

Is anyone making cinematic sounds for Phase Plant?

I've been looking around but all I can find is EDM stuff.

So I paid one month of the subscription and Phase Plant is really amazing.

I sent an email to KiloHearts and they were really happy to share some ideas they have for the future like multi samples and improving the browser.

So I paid one month of the subscription and Phase Plant is really amazing.

I sent an email to KiloHearts and they were really happy to share some ideas they have for the future like multi samples and improving the browser.

So now you’re gonna tell me to get it huh lol

Yes, it's a wonderful synth.

I will be interested to know how you like Phase Plant compared to Vital

Thanks.
I learned a little more about Vital the other day. I think I had mentioned that you couldn't load your own samples in Vital, well, I was wrong. Vital has a 4th noise osc that you can drag and drop your own samples in. Was kind of a hidden feature but there it is.

I learned a little more about Vital the other day. I think I had mentioned that you couldn't load your own samples in Vital, well, I was wrong. Vital has a 4th noise osc that you can drag and drop your own samples in. Was kind of a hidden feature but there it is.
You can also import .wav files as wavetables too.

The flexibility of PhasePlant is much superior though :)

Late to the party but I just got the Toolbox Ultimate for half price, and Phase Plant sounds really, really good.

It really jumps out of the speakers, has great deep and solid bottom end, and the UI is fantastic. Sonically it's up there with Zebra for sure, but is way more versatile with all the sample and wavetable stuff.

And with the big bundle you get the MultiPass and all the bits for Snap Heap. All are super quick to use, and some are just great to have - Reverser, Trance Gate, etc. So fast and so good.

I demoed Phaseplant but have held off buying it since the subscription is, unusually, a very good deal. It does sound amazing; but somehow not quite right for me. I think it is because the sounds it does very well, as with some other good wavetable synths, are sounds that I think physical modelling does even better. I’m undecided as yet, though. Dune, by contrast, does certain things amazingly that I don’t hear done well on any other synth, so that edged out Phaseplant for me. Of course, Phaseplant gives you way more to play with.

I discovered this through watching a DataBroth jam using Vital (one of many). I picked up his wavetable creations and got them to not only work inside Vital, but inside Falcon2 as well as Msoundfactory.
Broth's stuff is solid.

Last edited:
I discovered through watching a DataBroth jam with Vital (one of many). I picked up his wavetable creations and got them to not only work inside Vital, but inside Falcon2 as well as Msoundfactory.
Broth's stuff is solid.
He is. I watched his tutorial on Reason's FM synth Algorytm and I went from fumbling around to master of that synth in just a few minutes of watching his video. But, I must admit, I have a hard time sitting through his hour long jam sessions. Some call it ADHD, I call it--I'm getting too old to waste this amount of time. Only so many rotations around the sun left for me.

Last edited:
He is. I watched his tutorial on Reaon's FM synth Algorytm and I went from fumbling around to master of that synth in just a few minutes of watching his video. But, I must admit, I have a hard time sitting through his hour long jam sessions. Some call it ADHD, I call it--I'm getting too old to waste this amount of time. Only so many rotations around the sun left for me.
As the academic and writer Brian Barry said, at an early point in his career he had to decide if he was going to read a lot or write a lot, as he didn't have time for both. He chose writing.

Late to the party but I just got the Toolbox Ultimate for half price, and Phase Plant sounds really, really good.

It really jumps out of the speakers, has great deep and solid bottom end, and the UI is fantastic. Sonically it's up there with Zebra for sure, but is way more versatile with all the sample and wavetable stuff.

And with the big bundle you get the MultiPass and all the bits for Snap Heap. All are super quick to use, and some are just great to have - Reverser, Trance Gate, etc. So fast and so good.
What I think people don't realize is how easy and intuitive PP actually is. And the fact that you can use MultiPass and Snap Heap inside PP...

And the sample module is actually very very good.

He is. I watched his tutorial on Reason's FM synth Algorytm and I went from fumbling around to master of that synth in just a few minutes of watching his video. But, I must admit, I have a hard time sitting through his hour long jam sessions. Some call it ADHD, I call it--I'm getting too old to waste this amount of time. Only so many rotations around the sun left for me.
I've settled on playing his jams while I do other things. When something catches my attention I'll note the time to review later in detail. My brain can thus be used for other mind-numbing tasks (cooking, reading....) Have watched baseball games, no audio, just Broth's. But, that's me.

I demoed Phaseplant but have held off buying it since the subscription is, unusually, a very good deal. It does sound amazing; but somehow not quite right for me. I think it is because the sounds it does very well, as with some other good wavetable synths, are sounds that I think physical modelling does even better. I’m undecided as yet, though. Dune, by contrast, does certain things amazingly that I don’t hear done well on any other synth, so that edged out Phaseplant for me. Of course, Phaseplant gives you way more to play with.
PP is just so much more than a wavetable synth. It's more like Omnisphere than Serum or Vital.

PP is just so much more than a wavetable synth. It's more like Omnisphere than Serum or Vital.
Sorry, I do realise; I wasn't being clear at all. I have Omnisphere and Falcon, so I was particularly interested in the sounds that Phaseplant seemed to be better at than them. Those are also, I believe, wavetable heavy sounds. I could, of course, be completely wrong. I didn't go deep enough in the brief time I had to play with it at that time. The modulation and effects are certainly aspects that make it stand out as well.

I'll get there! It takes me awhile to come around to something new (to me) and complex!

Your Fawkes soundset is a bit of a temptation to delve into Phaseplant as well. That soundset has a really good idea behind it. The thriller-like elements are great, but the movement makes it really interesting.

Sorry, I do realise; I wasn't being clear at all. I have Omnisphere and Falcon, so I was particularly interested in the sounds that Phaseplant seemed to be better at than them. Those are also, I believe, wavetable heavy sounds. I could, of course, be completely wrong. I didn't go deep enough in the brief time I had to play with it at that time. The modulation and effects are certainly aspects that make it stand out as well.

I'll get there! It takes me awhile to come around to something new (to me) and complex!

Your Fawkes soundset is a bit of a temptation to delve into Phaseplant as well. That soundset has a really good idea behind it. The thriller-like elements are great, but the movement makes it really interesting.
No worries, as a PP enthusiast (I admit it, I'm a huge fan of PP) it feels that a lot of people do not really see what PP can do and keep thinking it is something like Vital or Serum. I've found Omnisphere to be closest, both have a synth side and can use samples. :)

Thanks, Fawkes was really fun to make! :)

Top Bottom