What's new

Personal info readily avail to anyone on mylife.com

bill5

I was more than a little surprised to find that my (full) name, address, previous addresses, AND age and date of birth were on here, available to anyone without so much as a login. Wow that's it? No SSN and bank account numbers? Addresses or phone #s I get, but how the hell is this legal to toss out sensitive info like DOB? And how is this so easily avail to them?

OP
B

bill5

More info on this POS company and similar:

cuttime

Truepeoplesearch.com also aggregates email addresses. I found mine there. Fortunately they provide a removal tool that works and for which I can vouch.

deleted url

Last edited:
OP
B

bill5

Truepeoplesearch.com also aggregates email addresses. I found mine there. Fortunately they provide a removal tool that works and for which I can vouch.

You must be a lot more patient than I am. :) This just took me to another site, https://www.beenverified.com, and when I clicked on what might be me (wasn't my full name), it said "looking through billions of records"....then when that was "done" it went "checking other databases" or some such similar...and on and on it went supposedly searching God knows what, then taking me to another screen and searching other stuff, etc etc...I finally gave up.

Last edited:
OP
B

bill5

A couple friends started this company, which is reliable and operates in good faith.

www.Spartacus.com
No offense to you or your friends, but they ask for first name and last name and DOB - that's not information I give to anyone other than my employer and doctor(s) and I advise others to be similarly cautious. I want that information in fewer places, not more.

Stephen Limbaugh

le nouveau 36 rue Ballu
Well, if they are going to remove your personal information from data brokerage sites, how do you expect them to find you on those sites if they don't have the information which without their help, will continue to be sold without your permission?

cuttime

You must be a lot more patient than I am. :) This just took me to another site, https://www.beenverified.com, and when I clicked on what might be me (wasn't my full name), it said "looking through billions of records"....then when that was "done" it went "checking other databases" or some such similar...and on and on it went supposedly searching God knows what, then taking me to another screen and searching other stuff, etc etc...I finally gave up.
Sorry about that. That was not my experience at the time. If they tried to phish you that sucks. I removed the link from my original post and mods may want to remove it from the quote.

Top Bottom