What's new

Personal Contact Details

Dryden.Chambers

The old forum had boxes you could click for personal contact links for instant messenger, email, etc. to make networking and contact convenient. Could something like this be implemented into 2.0 ? And could it include twitter, soundcloud, youtube, etc ? Dryden

I think it's all there... See upper right corner, mouse pointer hovers over your user name, then choose "Contact Details".

The old forum had boxes you could click for personal contact links for instant messenger, email, etc. to make networking and contact convenient. Could something like this be implemented into 2.0 ? And could it include twitter, soundcloud, youtube, etc ? Dryden

Hi Dryden,

Members can add more contact information in their account.

1- Hover over your name on the menu bar, beside INBOX, click on Contact Details.
75a41c05dcaf2cedc6837edfbe32e75c.png

This will take you to your profile page. Scroll down and you will see various social media names with fields you can fill.

a417c9bfc450806da33464a707a1813c.png

If there are any missing that you notice, let me know and I'll add them.

Hope this helps,

Andre

Ok I see it now Andre. Can you add Soundcloud ?

And one followup where do other users go to see this info ? I have yet to find that ?

TX- Dryden

Hi Dryden,

Members can add more contact information in their account.

1- Hover over your name on the menu bar, beside INBOX, click on Contact Details.
75a41c05dcaf2cedc6837edfbe32e75c.png

This will take you to your profile page. Scroll down and you will see various social media names with fields you can fill.

a417c9bfc450806da33464a707a1813c.png

If there are any missing that you notice, let me know and I'll add them.

Hope this helps,

Andre

Yep, I can do that for sure!

To see other people's cards, click on their name/avatar on the left sidebar.

9b42205ecda0cdec61aa2401c3c6d901.gif

I'm looking into showing more info, but once you see this card, if you click on PROFILE PAGE under their name, it will take you to all the info they wanted to share.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Andre

TX Andre, clicking on the card I am not seeing others info such as twitter, IM, etc.
I am on Firefox 38.05 Mac. Dryden

Yep, I can do that for sure!

To see other people's cards, click on their name/avatar on the left sidebar.

9b42205ecda0cdec61aa2401c3c6d901.gif

I'm looking into showing more info, but once you see this card, if you click on PROFILE PAGE under their name, it will take you to all the info they wanted to share.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Andre

Depends if the user entered that information or not, no?

Yes, this information should be entered in the member's PROFILE, you're correct. I'm trying to add some icons to show in the left sidebar with the avatar, and on the Member Card.

Cheers,

Andre

TX Andre, clicking on the card I am not seeing others info such as twitter, IM, etc.
I am on Firefox 38.05 Mac. Dryden

Dryden, maybe you missed this part... :)

"but once you see this card, if you click on PROFILE PAGE under their name, it will take you to all the info they wanted to share."

Hope this helps!

Andre

Last edited:
Andre - there's no need to have both the Soundcloud icon AND the soundcloud link in the avatar box :)

Ah yes, I totally am working on this. I'm leaving it there for now because I want to locate the other one to change its appearance and know which one displays any change. Sorry about any inconvenience... :)

I been playing with this, the only one that seemed to work was the soundcloud one, but that is not there now ?

There other would either go to a v.i. control error or the main v.i. control page.

Also wondering if Teamviewer, Apple Messenger and Facetime could be added when time permits.

TX Andre.

Top Bottom