What's new

Performance Samples VOYAGE - Discussion!

Late 2021? I can't do a year of this, Chris!

There's no question I wont buy it so can sleep easy until the demos come out and it's time to find the cash.

Whoo! Super excited! I hope Jasper will start posting some of those rough pre alpha test examples - I love hearing those. Also seems like it will release the whole orchestra in one package, which is great, instead of having to wait for brass in 2022 and percussion in 2023 etc...

I really love Jasper's innovation and experimental approach to sampling, and the products are some of the most realistic I've heard, and have some of the most playable instruments you can get your hands on. I think what he's doing could very well be the future of sampling - taking things from performances, and making things focus on specific things (might make them niche sure, but at least they can do something that nothing else can).

Looking forward to seeing how this Voyage sounds, how it plays, and how it will work with all the articulations and PS' famous playability.

I have no willpower, so I'm probably going to spend my budget for the decade before this comes out. But I truly wish everyone the best of times with it. Have fun.
The budget will come crawling back just for this collection, don't worry.

Where did you find this? I refresh the PS page and Facebook page several times a day like a loser and I still miss this?

Anyway... hell yes Jasper, get 'em. I was hoping to hear about Voyage before the Vista and MSS intro prices went away. Bad news is the wait, but it's true - the budget will replenish and there's always room for Performance Samples.

Where did you find this? I refresh the PS page and Facebook page several times a day like a loser and I still miss this?

Anyway... hell yes Jasper, get 'em. I was hoping to hear about Voyage before the Vista and MSS intro prices went away. Bad news is the wait, but it's true - the budget will replenish and there's always room for Performance Samples.
Just popped up on my FB feed when I refreshed! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to learning more about this. If the sound of Vista is any indication (and it probably is), then it's pretty exciting. I'm curious how comprehensive it is going to be, because those libraries are very limited for the most part. Which is fine, if only the price is right.

Performance Samples make great quality stuff.

Although, I have to admit that I am getting a bit tired of super reduced specialty libraries that are made of just one velocity layer. I hope it is not again one of those...

PS has a few libraries that are one layer only, but Vista has 4 and I think it's safe to say Voyage will aim to be more comprehensive than previous libraries. The strings will have multiple articulations, for instance.

Performance Samples make great quality stuff.

Although, I have to admit that I am getting a bit tired of super reduced specialty libraries that are made of just one velocity layer. I hope it is not again one of those...
I think you will like Voyage then :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201229-142520.png
    Screenshot_20201229-142520.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 251
  • Screenshot_20210104-195305.png
    Screenshot_20210104-195305.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 252
Top Bottom