What's new

Performance Samples: Solos of the Sea

rlundv

So this just showed up on Facebook! :) Thoughts? Is this the library from the alpha-demo on Soundcloud?

37272290_2126466410933173_992441176873238528_n.jpg

Dear axb312,

I am in production with the remaining Con Moto sections and they are on track for release later this year (within 2018). I re-recorded the violins - so there will be two independent violin sections released.

Solos of the Sea is entirely separate - it's a set of solo strings and will be available modularly (Solo Violin A is the first release). It's along the same lines as Con Moto as far as movement and expression, with the active-bow sustains and a concept I have called pitch-memory legato which helps with intonation and timbral coherence in shorter legato.

Best,
Jasper

Last edited:
Dear axb312,

I am in production with the remaining Con Moto sections and they are on track for release later this year (within 2018). I re-recorded the violins - so there will be two independent violin sections released.

Solos of the Sea is entirely separate - it's a set of solo strings and will be available modularly (Solo Violin A is the first release). It's along the same lines as Con Moto as far as movement and expression, with the active-bow sustains and a concept I have called pitch-memory legato which helps with intonation and timbral coherence in shorter legato. Demos

Best,
Jasper

Thank you Jasper - so the primary difference between the two lines is pitch memory legato, which I suppose will help with legato runs?

Dear axb312,

Oh interesting. So basically a sort of 1st and 2nd violins? Was the re-record due to issues or just so there could be two sections?

Thank you Jasper - so the primary difference between the two lines is pitch memory legato, which I suppose will help with legato runs?

The legato will 'play' similarly to Con Moto. Pitch-memory is more of a technical/recording solution for wrangling tonal variance between legato and sus assets.

Oh interesting. So basically a sort of 1st and 2nd violins? Was the re-record due to issues or just so there could be two sections?

You'll have two fully functioning violin sections, one of which was recorded spread out between 1st and 2nd violin seating, and the other which was in 1st violin seating only.

Dear axb312,

Solos of the Sea is entirely separate - it's a set of solo strings and will be available modularly (Solo Violin A is the first release). It's along the same lines as Con Moto as far as movement and expression, with the active-bow sustains and a concept I have called pitch-memory legato which helps with intonation and timbral coherence in shorter legato. Demos

Best,
Jasper

So, when does Solos of the Sea come out? Really lovely legato transition there!

Dear axb312,

Best,
Jasper

Ok. I'm impressed. These high tones sound silky expressive excellent.

Top Bottom