What's new

Performance Samples - Pacific - Symphonic Strings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it actually. What's wrong with it? Pizz sounds perfectly fine to me.
I think it's not about right versus wrong, but stylistic choice. If you take some restrained and classy sounding libs like BBCSO, the pizz there is pure, while here in the demo it has additional bright elements in the sound, as if something else besides the finger cushion was touching the string, or it was played with more of the finger smearing against the string, or something similar.

I rather like the effect, but its not your vanilla regular pizz in the classical sense.

I think it's not about right versus wrong, but stylistic choice. If you take some restrained and classy sounding libs like BBCSO, the pizz there is pure, while here in the demo it has additional bright elements in the sound, as if something else besides the finger cushion was touching the string, or it was played with more of the finger smearing against the string, or something similar.

I rather like the effect, but its not your vanilla regular pizz in the classical sense.
Could it be the other libraries have pizz that doesn't go nearly as loud?

I like the more "playful"/stylish playing. As always, in depends on what you want done... I guess it's about the timing of the pluck and the detachment of the attack and how much extra "misfirings" (looser timing basically)/noise you allow. Ideally, you want both. I feel like it would be great for more laid-back playing, like in this case:

It's a toss-up between wanting it as a go-to bread and butter lib or a flavor/style-specific lib. I think it leans more towards the second by design, as a different take of the main/general playing styles. But since it's dynamically so deep many would expect more of a general mileage out of it. It's a bit unclear where it stands.

Could it have to do with the fact that PS libraries have some room sound before the actual articulation starts? This creates a bit of a sucking effect, maybe that's what you mean? This is adjustable though, so you can create a 'tighter' sound which sounds more realistic in my opinion.

Could it have to do with the fact that PS libraries have some room sound before the actual articulation starts? This creates a bit of a sucking effect, maybe that's what you mean? This is adjustable though, so you can create a 'tighter' sound which sounds more realistic in my opinion.
I hear nothing wrong with the room, it's just brighter and bolder than usual pizz, that's all.

Trying to stay motivated about the Pacific release and those freebies help a lot :P
So I did a crash test that I would like to share with all of you waiting for the Pacific release like me :laugh:, featuring the percussion and celli spiccato demo freebies layered with some Angry Brass Pro Soloists to reinforce the celli line :)

Attachments

• Pacific Perc+Cello Demo Test 1.mp3
    1.5 MB
Hmm. I qualify for the loyalty on the strings and Brass, but will have to buy one of them to get the loyalty on the perc and winds. Hopefully the Strings come out first since the brass don't look to be coming out before winds and perc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom