What's new

Performance Samples + Musical Sampling libraries as core libraries?

OP
Genki

Genki

After playing a bit with Trailer Strings again, maybe I have to add that the attacks on the long articulations are very pronounced. Probably not that suitable for quieter melodic lines then.
Ah ok, makes sense. So its mostly marcattos and spiccatos/staccatos yea?

Manuel Stumpf

Ah ok, makes sense. So its mostly marcattos and spiccatos/staccatos yea?
I just wanted to let you know it is probably not the one string library to do it everything product (what my previous post might have suggested). Not sure if that even exists, when talking about performance playable patches, which do not require keyswitching.

The attack on the long notes is rather aggressive (especially on the Adventure Patches that let you play longs and shorts).
As a workaround one can set dynamics CC lower, or use the plain Sustain Patch, which is a little bit less aggressive in that regard.
It also has "Sustains Soft" which is a very soft one very well suited for underscoring with chord like longs, but is not really usable for melodic lines.
MusicalSampling knows why they have the Soaring Strings as another product only containing Legato articulations.

Each of the Musical Sampling products aims at a certain direction, targeting a specific use case. At least that's how it feels to me. However each of their product does this very very well.

OP
Genki

Genki

I just wanted to let you know it is probably not the one string library to do it everything product (what my previous post might have suggested). Not sure if that even exists, when talking about performance playable patches, which do not require keyswitching.

The attack on the long notes is rather aggressive (especially on the Adventure Patches that let you play longs and shorts).
As a workaround one can set dynamics CC lower, or use the plain Sustain Patch, which is a little bit less aggressive in that regard.
It also has "Sustains Soft" which is a very soft one very well suited for underscoring with chord like longs, but is not really usable for melodic lines.
MusicalSampling knows why they have the Soaring Strings as another product only containing Legato articulations.

Each of the Musical Sampling products aims at a certain direction, targeting a specific use case. At least that's how it feels to me. However each of their product does this very very well.
I see, that cleared it up for me, thanks!

Top Bottom