1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Performance Samples: Fluid Shorts Installation Instructions

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Steve_Karl, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Hi there,

I just bought Fluid Shorts and wanted to share the installation instructions that I needed to figure out on my own to make them work.

It might be that Winrar is just cumbersome or that the .rar files weren't created correctly but here's what I needed to do.

When extracting the 3 Samples .rar winrar is going to want to overwrite and replace when you get to #2 and #3.

Added Correction:
    i.e. "if" you think you need to run all 3 .rar files.

The 3 .rar files containing samples are Part 1, 2 and 3 of the same archive.
    We only need to run part 1 and it will also extract Part 2 and Part 3.

-----------------------

There's a great video on Fluid Shorts here that I was turned onto by one of our forum members:

pderbidge - Thank you! x1000!

For $83.00 USD it's the best buy of the year for me.
    Here's a link to the purchase page:
    https://performancesamples.com/fluidshorts/

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  2. artmuz

artmuz Senior Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Finland
    Hi Steve, do you mean that samples.part1.rar contains the normal art and samples.part2.rar the tight and so on?
    This is not the case by ex. samples.part3 contains only violins samples and part2 violins and violas. The separation of articulation is made in the naming of the samples there are no duplicates in the rars so all the samples may resides in the same folder.
    The overwriting quote is only because of the folder's name.

3. OP
    OP
    Steve_Karl

Steve_Karl Active Member

I just corrected the original post.

I think what it comes down to is that Part 1, 2, and 3 are all part of the same linked archive and extracting part 1 will then also trigger part 2 and 3.

I was used to Winrar informing me of that when it was the case.
    It just didn't happen this time.

Anyway, all is good.

I got an email back from someone at Performance Samples and although they didn't explain it in the same way
    the implication led me to this new conclusion.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018