What's new

Performance Samples' Con Moto Violins Demo

DarkestShadow

The legato transition from the 2nd to the 3rd note (at 3") is sounding a bit of, I wonder why? Also, there are some noticeable low end noises between 29-32 seconds (use headphones). Other than that, the cellos sound great!!!
I'm personally not too bothered by such noises as they also occur in orchestral recordings but this is not quite finished yet, so there are surely still some legato and noise issues to be addressed.

Horacio

Any news on release for these? Earlier in the thread it looked like late March but that seems to be delayed a bit.

Love the sound of all the demos and excited to get these.
Yeah I'm very curious too, an estimated release date would be nice!

AoiichiNiiSan

Odd how it sounds like two hits for each note?
Only for the ones in the middle. Which I'm presuming are on purpose, as it's demonstrating variable note length, so a very short note followed by a longer one. Effectively a grace note, which will be very useful to create the effect without having to mess with articulations.

Casiquire

Only for the ones in the middle. Which I'm presuming are on purpose, as it's demonstrating variable note length, so a very short note followed by a longer one. Effectively a grace note, which will be very useful to create the effect without having to mess with articulations.
I'm hearing it on just about every note, right from the beginning. The first sound is a soft initial hit followed by the actual hit. Is there some kind of divisi in this library where one's timing might be slightly different from the other?

AoiichiNiiSan

I'm hearing it on just about every note, right from the beginning. The first sound is a soft initial hit followed by the actual hit. Is there some kind of divisi in this library where one's timing might be slightly different from the other?
I'm not hearing that. But I'm sure Jasper will answer.

Farkle

Odd how it sounds like two hits for each note?
I hear it too. Yep. I bet (spitballing from the sidelines), that it's because it's grabbing a multi-stroked sample, and quickly fading in the second stroke, but it's catching the release of the first stroke. Does that make sense? It's a pretty standard technique nowadays in performance based sample libs.

I could be wrong, but that's where I'd put my money. Regardless, Casiquire, you are definitely, right, there's a weird "pre-ghost" initial stroke happening on many of those cello moments.

Mike

Farkle is correct. It’s more prominent on the decca/wide mics, particularly considering the tail in this room (the same room as Caspian and Fluid Shorts). It’s a byproduct of performance-based sampling (with the approaches used on this particular library at least) in a room this ambient. Personally I find it less noticeable in context (and with a mix of close and decca/wide mics). There’ll be a product page up soon, the library is in beta testing at the moment.

robgb

I was young once
Yeah, I'm definitely hearing it throughout as well.

DarkestShadow

Fast playing example. Not what it is specified for I figure (and Jasper also said it's aimed at more lyrical writing) but it doesn't sound bad at all for that. Actually really nice, even though obviously not as realistic as the slower passages... can be said about most libraries though!
It still sounds connected while other libraries completely fall apart when playing fast on normal legato (Hollywood strings IMO for example).

Last edited:

Eptesicus

Fast playing example. Not what it is specified for I figure (and Jasper also said it's aimed at more lyrical writing) but it doesn't sound bad at all for that. It still sounds connected while other libraries completely fall apart when playing fast on normal legato (Hollywood strings IMO for example).
Wow

Top Bottom