1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Performance Samples' Con Moto Violins Demo

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Pontus Rufelt, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Casiquire

Casiquire Senior Member

May 7, 2013
    Oh God, I'd be in!

2. leon chevalier

leon chevalier Half a composer

Nov 19, 2015
    France
    me too :)

Casiquire likes this.
  3. leon chevalier

Nov 19, 2015
    France
    Yes, I agree he makes performant samples :grin:

4. fiestared

fiestared Senior Member

Aug 18, 2013
    For sure, Jasper knows. If it's a very good price, I'll buy it, otherwise I'll still work with my (I don't even know how many strings libraries I own... I'm not alone I presume):faint:

5. mcalis

mcalis Senior Member

May 8, 2016
    You're certainly not alone. It's very easy to fall into the trap of thinking that one new sample library will magically turn you into the new John Williams and solve all your problems. That said, I can honestly justify my last purchase from Performance Samples (Caspian) because it has truly made me write faster. For that reason I'm optimistic that Con Motto will also be very playable and will therefore also help me write music faster (this is important to me because if I spend too long on a cue, I run out of steam).

I have CSS already but I don't use it much as it forces me to use keyswitching and I just don't like that way of working at all. It's silly, I know, but one of the things that Caspian made me realize is that I really enjoy playing those instruments and that my translates into more creative output for me.

Speculating on the price probably serves no purpose but if I had to guess, I'd wager the price to be in the 100 usd range.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    AlexanderSchiborr and fiestared like this.
  6. Fry777

Fry777 Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Sorry if I missed the information, but is this upcoming library supposed to be a full Strings library with all the major articulations we're expecting from one ? Or is it more limited in scope ?
    Really enjoying the demos so far :)

Casiquire likes this.
  7. Casiquire

Casiquire Senior Member

May 7, 2013
    I was wondering that myself. The name indicates that there's a particular style it excels at.

8. mcalis

mcalis Senior Member

May 8, 2016
    @Fry777 @Casiquire

See page 1 of this thread:

Casiquire and Fry777 like this.
  9. Casiquire

Casiquire Senior Member

May 7, 2013
    Missed that one, thank you!

10. fiestared

fiestared Senior Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Anything new ? I'm asking because 8Dio is doing a sale (Century strings included) Thanks

11. Jasper Blunk

Jasper Blunk Senior Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Hi Fiestared - cellos will be the first out, followed by the rest. Cellos should be out within the next 4 weeks. Mic positions are decca, wide, close-section, and close-1st-chair (a focused spot mic). 8 Violins / 6 Cellos / 6 Violas / 6 Basses.

Con Moto is based around (a) attacks & releases edited/timed from performance phrases, for spontaneity and response, (b) "active-bow" sustains (continuously re-expressed vibrato in tandem with musically-restless bowing), and (c) legato con moto (legato with movement in the bowing and vibrato).

Here are a few session photos if you missed them on Facebook.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 11:12 AM
  12. fiestared

fiestared Senior Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Thanks Jasper, any ideas of the price ?

Fry777 and Heroix like this.
  13. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    With many developers, including big ones, this is the last decision made. Only because the market and circumstances constantly change as they are making the product (like last minute bugs that are difficult to solve). They are probably smart to keep it close to the chest rather than promising something they may want to change at release. This is why setting an exact release date more than a week or two out is a bit silly also. ;)

Casiquire likes this.
  14. fiestared

fiestared Senior Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Agree with you, but I said "any ideas", meaning : more or less, closer to $1000 or to $50 ?

15. Eptesicus

Eptesicus Senior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    UK
    I hope not (or i at least hope the intro price is better than just ~15% . I'm excited to hear what these are like, but price wise, you have to remember they are just longs/legatos (albeit very good sounding ones from the early demos). For example CSS is $399 full price for a whole library, with many articulations/sordino emulation/2nd violins etc and Synchron with the early bird and voucher offer was only $317

16. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Fair enough. I would bet your in the ball park at $5O a section. So all 4 sections, when eventually released, would be $200 for the set. Inexpensive enough to get in on a section, yet with discount may be even cheaper when they are all released and sold as a bundle. By comparison the Fluid shorts are much cheaper (though easier to program) so we’ll see.

fiestared likes this.
  17. constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

$50 though. do you think it'll be possible to be that cheap ?

18. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Considering he’ll eventually get $200 from each person and the initial release could surpass 10k orders (which is 500k), perhaps. We’ll have to wait and see what he decides.

fiestared likes this.
  19. chapbot

chapbot omnivore

Feb 7, 2017
    Are the fluid shorts (which are on sale now) a good match for the upcoming Con Moto Strings?

20. leon chevalier

Nov 19, 2015
    France
    yes it should be ! Check the post from Jasper in page 1 of this thread :)

chapbot likes this.