What's new

Performance Samples Con Moto - Violins A

Wait... Awful????? Did I read that right?

The part at 2:14 in the strings I tried doing with CSS, but the rebowing isn't defined enough. Your Con Motto rebowing test sounds like it'd be more defined and more similar to that track.
Just realised my question got mixed up. What I meant to ask was "can Violins B do a convincing fake rebow like you did in your Violins A test" You answered my question, anyway :)
Hah, somehow I didn't even notice that this passage was a rebow-feast. :P Just sounded like a very unstable long notes to me. Still odd to me, but anyway - I don't think this will sound good with Con Moto Violins A because there are no round robins. You're just gonna have a "marcato-machine-gun" in that sense.
2 repetitions sound fine but 4 like in the example quite certainly won't work.. unless it's very buried in orchestration.

What I meant to ask was "can Violins B do a convincing fake rebow like you did in your Violins A test" You answered my question, anyway :)
What I would suggest here, is to use both violins, and just alternate. truthfully, throwing in CSS as one of the violins might work if fast enough because CSS is closest to PS...I have them all, and they also blend quite well together.

"Con Moto" is now on sale.
I am now just using Hollywood Strings.
Thinking to buy CSS on next sale.
But now I am on doubt.
Do you think would it be worthy for me to buy "Con Moto" instead of CSS?

Con Moto is not really an either or situation as only has one articulation. Legato, which sounds great. However I use it to layer with CSS and it works really well. I think the Celli & Violas are the best for me> The Fluid Shorts I & II also layer very well with CSS..

"Con Moto" is now on sale.
I am now just using Hollywood Strings.
Thinking to buy CSS on next sale.
But now I am on doubt.
Do you think would it be worthy for me to buy "Con Moto" instead of CSS?
If you already own a bunch of string libraries and have your basic articulations covered, Con Moto might be a nice addition to your arsenal. If you don't have your basics covered, I would absolutely get CSS first.

A great reason to get Con Moto is that it does away with any roadblocks between you and your ideas. I can't tell you how valuable it is to not have to keyswitch or find the right articulation, but to just sit down and play stuff in. I got the bundle during the flash sale and made this little doodle:

Now regardless of what you think of that little sketch, I can tell you this: Con Moto allowed me to write much more melodically than I would usually do when converting from a piano sketch.

That said, you can do sustains and bow-change legato with it, and that's it. It won't be right for all your pieces, it starts to fall apart at high tempos and because there are no RR legato transitions, alternating between two notes will quickly start to sound fake. Also, if you're a stickler for consistency between mic positions and volume, CM will drive you up the wall. The choose of mic positions is another strength in my book however, you really can get a broad spectrum of width and depth out of it by playing with the mic mixer.

Now that the sale has ended and the regular bundle price has returned, I would honestly personally be much less inclined to make the purchase. I have tremendous respect for what Jasper Blunk does and I don't think he's over charging for the meticulous work he puts into his products., but at the regular price I would not be able to justify the purchase to myself.

Top Bottom