What's new

Performance Samples Con Moto - Violins A

These guys know how to legato.

Will be very tempted to get these, when all the sections are out (which judging by their rather odd and all over the place release schedule) could be a while..!

I'm using the Violins B all the time, and this sounds even better. Instant purchase!

It is a pity that this beautiful series has no repeat notes.:sad:
Gorgeous sound. I second this request for re-bowing.

Also, keeping in mind that Con Moto is just longs, it likely needs to be paired with a separate strings library to supply the shorts. There's a dynamic range feature that Jasper introduced in Fluid Shorts 2. He explained:

"I wanted to add some features for those who are trying to balance their patches to a template or reference recording. These features allow you to compress the dynamic range, expand the dynamic range..."

It would be an excellent idea to have that feature in Con Moto, to help match the dynamic range to that of other string libraries, which can fill in the missing articulations. This would make Con Moto more useful as a general workhorse library.

Last edited:
VIolins A was a re-record, I wanted to improve on Violins B. Player positioning (1st violins vs spread between 1st & 2nd), different players, and mainly - improved legato technique.
So using both, which would you say can be Vin 2? And CAN they be used in this fashion? Thanks.

I also love the legatos and ports in the new schmaltzy solo violin demos. So passionate and expressive! I try to get the JB violin sound like that, and I have not been successful.

Scarlet Jerry

VIolins A was a re-record, I wanted to improve on Violins B. Player positioning (1st violins vs spread between 1st & 2nd), different players, and mainly - improved legato technique.

When I hear Jasper say "I wanted to improve on Violins B" it just shows the level of perfectionism he carries. I mean, violins B are so amazing that it makes me chuckle to hear "I wanted to improve on Violins B". But that is what visionaries do. And that is why his libraries sound the way they sound. The sky is the limit with Jasper. I have utmost respect for him.

Top Bottom