What's new

Per Note Expression in Logic?

MaschineMind

Pro Crastinator
Is there a way to do per note expression in Logic? For example, if I have a triad chord, is there a way to apply an expression drawing to only one of the notes in the chord?

I recently found out about Articulation Sets, which are of course inspired by Cubase's Expression Maps, so I'm hoping per note expression also found its way in.

Off the top of my head, I can think of a roundabout way of doing this with articulation sets, but there might be an easier way of doing this that I haven't though of. I'll see if someones else chimes in.

What exactly are you trying to do? :)

By using different midi channels, I’d imagine. Not at the computer right now, so can’t test it, but I seem to recall having done it in the past that way.

Is there a way to do per note expression in Logic?
Logic does not have per note Expression like Cubase, Bitwig, etc. At least, not yet. Articulation Sets are strictly for articulation switching only. Articulation Sets also might be a clue that per note Expression or something similar is lurking around the corner though...

Is there a way to do per note expression in Logic? For example, if I have a triad chord, is there a way to apply an expression drawing to only one of the notes in the chord?

I recently found out about Articulation Sets, which are of course inspired by Cubase's Expression Maps, so I'm hoping per note expression also found its way in.
If your goal is to send controller data to a specific instrument in a Kontakt multi, you can do this by assigning a midi channel to the CC controller events - or even better - assigning an articulation ID to the CC data.

Top Bottom