What's new

Peace Earthlings

Soo100 Brand

I go by the name Bigg Sixx and I am a sound designer for soo100.com. I would like to learn how to convert my Akai MPC expansions into VST plugins. Im familiar with coding although my computer science degree was 21 years ago. Graphic design is also a specialty. Im ready and willing to dive back in to start creating my own VST plugins. I posted on Facebook looking to hire the best person to do it for me and someone suggested I start here. Here I am and here we go

I have seen that software but I want to go deeper than that. I want to take my multisamples which are wav files and make them a vst "rompler"

I have seen that software but I want to go deeper than that. I want to take my multisamples which are wav files and make them a vst "rompler"
Why not just make a preset for any of the popular samplers out there?

Kontakt, Sforzando, Battery, Drum rack from Ableton or Bitwig, etc.

If you want to distribute your own plugin, the easiest way would be using Hise. It's a no coding solution for building romplers based on JUCE. @d.healey is the local Hise expert.

Or, if you already have the DSP and C++ chops you could use JUCE directly.

Thats a good idea to design for the popular samplers. Thats going to be my last resort. Im more interested in a "Soo100 Brand" branded vst that will load more sounds as I release them. Hise seems like a good start

the easiest way would be using Hise. It's a no coding solution
Without coding you can't do a great deal with HISE. You'd be better off with SFZ if you want to avoid coding. If you're up for learning a new framework and scripting language though then HISE is a good choice.

Akai MPC expansions
I'm not familiar with this. Is it sample based or synth? If sample based do you have the rights to distribute the samples?

Graphic design is also a specialty
Your profile picture is sideways :whistling:

Without coding you can't do a great deal with HISE. You'd be better off with SFZ if you want to avoid coding. If you're up for learning a new framework and scripting language though then HISE is a good choice.

I'm not familiar with this. Is it sample based or synth? If sample based do you have the rights to distribute the samples?

For this project im willing to dust off my coding skills. Its sample based and I create instruments from scratch and process it through class A circuitry. I uploaded my photo from my cell phone and thats how it popped up. Theres no way to rotate it so I will fix it once im home. In less than 12 hours I got exactly what I was searching for. This forum rocks

I get the emoji joke about the graphic design and my photo being sideways. No offense I found it funny like the mechanic whos car runs funny but is the best in town. I quickly created this account on my phone in order to get my questions answered. No graphics to design. I really am one of the best in Hollywood and you may have already seen my graphics. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4475928/

Not sure what it's called...
I think it's called HISE :) you can do some basic stuff without coding, just like with Kontakt (actually you can probably do more than you could in Kontakt). But for most projects you're going to need some scripting. You also need to set up compilers on each OS you want to export on, so there is some time investment required if this is new territory for you.

I really am one of the best in Hollywood and you may have already seen my graphics. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4475928/
Nice!

Top Bottom