Pangea - Jurassic Park Theme Tribute (StaffPad)

brandowalk

Composer

“Pangea” is my submission for the Professional Composer’s Jurassic Park Music Contest (June 2020). Written in the JW orchestration style of course and produced using StaffPad for iOS. Final stem mixing / mastering performed in ProTools. Libraries used were a combination of Cinesamples and Spitfire, as well as Berlin for Harp & Piano. The CineBrass 12 horn French Horns patch was particularly useful here. :)

Hope you enjoy!
Brandon

Last edited:
OP
brandowalk

brandowalk

Composer
Thank you Eross for the kind words. I sometimes have a hard time myself, believing that such an orchestra sound can be produced on an iPad. It is truly remarkable and I love the portability.

OP
brandowalk

brandowalk

Composer
I've received some welcome feedback... someone mentioned that my JW woodwind runs are not tight enough and I tend to agree. (ie. audio around 1:14 and 2:26) Might be too much room although dry runs (sorry for the imagery) don't sound good to me either. Does anyone out there have any VI suggestions to make fast WW runs (ie. an octave scale up) sound like they do on JW's recordings?

OP
brandowalk

brandowalk

Composer
There is an old library that was made for that kind of stuff:

Not shure if it still holds up, or has your needed articulations though.
Thanks MA! I like the sounds of it and I think it would be about perfect, although $200 is a bit pricey I think. Would be cool if that Cinesamples library was added added in StaffPad, as that is where I'm doing almost all of my writing these days. Would be cheaper too.

Anyone out there have this library? Does it work well for what it advertises?