1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ozone 7 - Orchestral Preset

Discussion in 'Mixing, Post-Production, and Effects' started by holing, Jan 12, 2018.

1. holing

holing Senior Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Hi guys!

A friend of mine told me there's an orchestral preset in Ozone 5 Advanced, but I couldn't find it it my Ozone 7. Is there any equivalent of that in Ozone 7? What is the best preset when it comes to orchestral scores? Thanks in advance!

2. Nils Neumann

Nils Neumann Senior Member

Jul 21, 2016
    Germany/Stuttgart
    No Orchestral presets for Ozone 7 but try the “High Detail” and “High Detail Wide“ in the signature preset area, not 100% sure on the names right now, I don‘t have my computer on front of me, but you will find it

Robo Rivard and anp27 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    holing

holing Senior Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Good call! Thanks Nils!

Robo Rivard likes this.
  4. playz123

playz123 Senior Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Nanaimo, BC
    In addition to the Greg Calbi ones mentioned above, another one to try, simply as a starting point, is CD Master. In any case, I created my own Orchestral preset in Ozone 6, meant to be a starting point, and I then adapt it to each piece (in Ozone 7). Much will depend on the dynamics of the piece being mastered, but often you don't need a lot of processing and perhaps only a few modules, again dependent though at what one is mastering. EQ, can only be decided on by the piece in question.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    anp27 and holing like this.
  5. zolhof

zolhof Senior Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Silent Hill
    Hi holing! Neutron 2 has a few orchestral presets, in case you own the bundle.

neutron.jpg

Some are kinda :sick:, but they are mostly useful when in a hurry.

holing likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    holing

holing Senior Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Thanks! I don't own Neutron but this is really good to know! ;)

7. anp27

anp27 Senior Member

Jul 13, 2014
    You should contact iZotope about this. There was an Alloy 2 preset that I really liked and since owning Neutron/Neutron 2 (and getting rid of Alloy) I emailed and asked them if they could somehow recreate that preset in Neutron 2. They wrote me back with the preset recreated the best as they possibly could, Neutron doesn't have a De-Esser so.. But yeah, iZotope is outstanding, hit them up!

holing likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    holing

holing Senior Member

Mar 1, 2017
    That's a great idea! I emailed the asking about the Orchestral Preset that they had in Ozone 5...but it seems that they don't have it anymore in Ozone 7. Would love to be able to recreate a similar setting in my version!

9. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    How useful are people finding Neutron for orchestral stuff?

10. I like the CD Master preset from Ozone 5. It's different than the Ozone 7 CD Master preset. And the odd thing is, when I replicated the parameters from 5, even adjusting for a difference in output gain, it was still different in 7. Most noticeably, the stereo spread was narrower in 7. I keep both 5 and 7 loaded now.

11. Nils Neumann

Nils Neumann Senior Member

Jul 21, 2016
    Germany/Stuttgart
    The presets are useless, but the neutron eq is my standart eq for my orchestral template, the other tools included in neutron are very usefull aswell, but I really don‘t like their compressor

jamwerks likes this.
  12. anp27

anp27 Senior Member

Jul 13, 2014
    You should ask them if they could recreate the preset for you.

13. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    I've noticed there is an orchestral preset in Ozone 8 :)

14. OP
    OP
    holing

holing Senior Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Good call! Going to do that!

I wonder why they take it out in Ozone 7 :crying:

15. ironbut

ironbut Senior Member

Jun 9, 2015
    eugene or
    If you upgraded from Oz 5 to Oz 7 don't you still have the older version in your iZotope folder in applications.
    If so, just put them side by side on a bus, copy the settings and check the sound on couple of tracks. That's probably what they're doing right?
    If you don't have 5 activated, go to your account page download and install it again.

16. OP
    OP
    holing

holing Senior Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Unfortunately I don't own Oz 5, I only know there's a orchestral preset because my friend told me so. He sent me the xml file that he got for Oz5 but it doesn't work in Oz 7.

17. ironbut

ironbut Senior Member

Jun 9, 2015
    eugene or
    You can still download and use the demo version. It should include all the presets.

18. Mornats

Mornats Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    holing likes this.
  19. OP
    OP
    holing

holing Senior Member

Mar 1, 2017
  20. StephenForsyth

StephenForsyth Senior Member

May 3, 2013
    Sydney.
    Surprised to see a lot of love for ozone presets, I usually find them to be hideously overbearing, I guess this goes without saying but I think you're gonna get more out of it rolling your own per the track's requirements.