What's new

Override MIDI send data in Reaper?

jason3.14

Anyone know if there is a way to override/bypass MIDI send data based on the presence of other MIDI data? I'm using Reaper, mainly with Kontakt intruments.

Case example:
Track 1: Violin I
Track 2: Violin II
Track 3: Viola
Track 4: Cello
Track 5: Bass
Track 6: MIDI track to send modulation wheel data to Tracks 1-5.

Tracks 1-5 contain MIDI notes. Track 6 would contain modulation wheel MIDI cc data, and send to violin I/II, viola, cello, and bass as part of a quick mockup. However, subsequently I might want to individualize instruments' modulation data within their own track as follows:

Track 1: Violin I with individual MIDI cc data
Track 2: Violin II with individual MIDI cc data
Track 3: Viola with individual MIDI cc data
Track 4: Cello
Track 5: Bass
Track 6: MIDI track to send modulation wheel data to Tracks 4-5, bypassed on tracks 1-3.

I would hope the MIDI sends from track 6 could be bypassed in some way when there is modulation data present on the individual instrument track. Maybe a Reaper or Kontakt script?

Thanks for your help!
Jason

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for. But you can have folders or VCAs that can send data to child tracks.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for. But you can have folders or VCAs that can send data to child tracks.

I think I'll have to test it out, but I think this could work beautiully for me! Thanks so much for your input! And yay for Kenny Gioia haha.

Top Bottom