What's new

Output Analog Strings

chillbot

Sock Muppet
Was not super impressed with their "watch us play it live" music video but it does look like it could be useful and I got it for a really good price with their "own everything" package.... downloading now.

Michael Antrum

Only the good die young....
Yeah, I have most of their other stuff, and the price for
the everything is pretty good. I'm going to watch a couple of videos, but I can feel myself weakening.......

OP
Puzzlefactory

Puzzlefactory

Looks like it's a very much Hybrid/Trailer style library. Which suits me. :)

I could see a market for a future Brass (read Braaam) version too...

chillbot

Sock Muppet
Yeah I have the everything bundle too so am very tempted to upgrade.
They get you with that, don't they. Good marketing, I suppose. So I got Analog Strings + two expansion packs I didn't have for $149. I don't need or want the expansion packs but if you're right on the fence I guess they might be the tipping point.

Michael Antrum

Only the good die young....
They get you with that, don't they. Good marketing, I suppose. So I got Analog Strings + two expansion packs I didn't have for $149. I don't need or want the expansion packs but if you're right on the fence I guess they might be the tipping point.
Exactly the same here - two expansions and Analog Strings for 149. But I am really liking trailer strings too.......

tmm

Let us know what you think Chill.

My name is synth punk and I am a string addict.
Haha, totally the same boat here. I have way too many string libraries. What's worse, I really only use 2 of them on regular basis. This seems like something different, though.

chillbot

Sock Muppet
This is a fun synth, the name and walkthrough are a bit misleading I wouldn't call it a string library anymore than Exhale is a choir library. But I've already used it on a couple projects, it's got some interesting sounds. I would call it a really organic-sounding synth.

Of course we know @synthpunk is a synth addict as well so he's probably screwed whatever you call it.

mouse

Yea I saw this and immediately though "this sounds ridiculous I will have no interest in this". Watched the walk through video and really like the sounds. Some have an ambient radiohead-y style which I like. Bought it already. They suck you in every time! Not sure how usable it will be as I've bought other output libs and not found them too useful, but this does sound quite special

catsass

Señor Member
The boondoggle animation on the main tab of the UI is an interesting touch. Reminds me of this one time at summer camp.

Lee Blaske

If you already have everything they put out, the upgrade is pretty reasonable.

The GUI is quite beautiful. Maybe too beautiful. I start to wonder if this is a tool for the pro market, or entertainment for the general, mass market. I did buy it, though. ;)

Thorsten Meyer

Was not super impressed with their "watch us play it live" music video but it does look like it could be useful and I got it for a really good price with their "own everything" package.... downloading now.
I did do the same for 149 to upgrade I started the download a some minutes ago

R. Soul

This is a fun synth, the name and walkthrough are a bit misleading I wouldn't call it a string library anymore than Exhale is a choir library. But I've already used it on a couple projects, it's got some interesting sounds. I would call it a really organic-sounding synth.

Of course we know @synthpunk is a synth addict as well so he's probably screwed whatever you call it.
Wait what....within an hour of getting this you 'already used it in a couple of projects'? :eek: How much music do you make???

I didn't think this would be an interesting library, but if the presets showcased are average for this library, it's a sure winner, cause the ones I've heard are outstanding.

chillbot

Sock Muppet
Wait what....within an hour of getting this you 'already used it in a couple of projects'? :eek: How much music do you make???
Didn't mean to imply that I finished the projects or anything like that! I always have 4-5 tracks going at once... I was able to plug this in to a couple of them and use it to good effect, which is the sign of a good library to me. No names, but sometimes you buy libraries that sound fantastic and then when you go to use them in a project you can never quite get them to work.

tmm

All... the... time. My ratio of [useful libraries / total libraries] is pretty dismal, and it seems like diminishing returns.

Top Bottom