What's new

Out Now! World Strings Oud - an artistic collaboration between Evolution Series and Associate Professor Kim Cunio $99 End of Year Sale!

Thanks for the awesome demo mate!! It is Oudtastic! :)
For a second there I thought you said "Oudstanding".
Opportunity missed! ..... or not

Congrats on the release! Sounds fantastic and is very fun to play. Not hard to see where all those gigabytes go once you dive into the instrument

For a second there I thought you said "Oudstanding".
Opportunity missed! ..... or not

Congrats on the release! Sounds fantastic and is very fun to play. Not hard to see where all those gigabytes go once you dive into the instrument
Thanks Mate it surely was a team effort! So happy to finally have it released into the wild :)

Been trying to come up with Oud puns/slogans.... how about:

Don't be the Oud one out and go grab a copy now!!!! ;) lol

I just heard back from the wonderful Theodore Shapiro!!! (Zoolander 2, Ghostbusters, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty)

"It's really good. Very playable, which is the most important thing. I was very quickly able to start feeling like I was making music. Much like the World Percussion, it just sounds great, is intuitive, and eliminates the barrier of trying to make the sample do what you want it to do. Great work!"

Also just a friendly reminder that the promo sale will be over by the end of this month :)

Reactions: Zee
Back on sale at the original promo price, starting today -- at least at Best Service (I haven't checked other sources yet), and along with huge discounts on the other Evolution Series. Surprised it wasn't in the announcements section but didn't think it was OK to post there as a non-vendor, so I found an older thread. As my evaluation of the vendor's other products has risen substantially of late, I may finally buy this one. I have several good Oud libraries, but the instrument varies a lot and this one's different. I'm not quite sure if it's the instrument (e.g. nationality), player (similar qualifier), or both.

Last edited:
Good to know! I'll probably grab it tonight, once home, as I am working mostly on my Middle East based projects at the moment (along with final wrap-up of Latin American material).

Back on sale at the original promo price, starting today -- at least at Best Service (I haven't checked other sources yet), and along with huge discounts on the other Evolution Series. Surprised it wasn't in the announcements section but didn't think it was OK to post there as a non-vendor, so I found an older thread. As my evaluation of the vendor's other products has risen substantially of late, I may finally buy this one. I have several good Oud libraries, but the instrument varies a lot and this one's different. I'm not quite sure if it's the instrument (e.g. nationality), player (similar qualifier), or both.
:thumbsup: Thanks Mark, I was looking out for this on Black Friday, but sadly no sale. Will consider grabbing it out now, pending remaining funds.

I just finished installing it, and gave it a quick try. Really nice timbre and phrasing, as one would expect from a library this size and with so much attention to detail.

I totally forgot that I had a loyalty discount for it, but probably it had expired by now. I'm on standby for a sub gig in front of many thousands of people in a couple of weeks time, so am kind of bouncing off walls at the moment and trying not to flub anything that I'm in the middle of. :)

This one is a lot better at accompaniment than anything else on the market the tone lends itself better to lower dynamics which is also unlike anything else out there IMO
Great to hear your thoughts... this particular oud is very warm and mellow... the lower dynamics are also my favourite :)

I just finished installing it, and gave it a quick try. Really nice timbre and phrasing, as one would expect from a library this size and with so much attention to detail.

I totally forgot that I had a loyalty discount for it, but probably it had expired by now. I'm on standby for a sub gig in front of many thousands of people in a couple of weeks time, so am kind of bouncing off walls at the moment and trying not to flub anything that I'm in the middle of. :)
Hey Mate very happy you are enjoying the instrument... it is also great to hear your experiences :)

Regarding the loyalty discount this is only available directly through our website and not through our 3rd party distributors. I'm happy to let you use this discount in the future towards any of our other current and future products. Just email to remind me that I mentioned this :)

Hey, you cheated by adding a seventh one but making it look like you added an eighth, as the lower-case "l" looks a lot like an exclamation point.

Top Bottom