What's new

Out Now: Nucleus - The Orchestral Core (MusicTech Excellence Award 10/10)

A question for all of you who have purchased Nucleus: are the two different mixes dry or not? I noticed in their walk-through they had the reverb on so I'm haven't been able to get a definitive answer.

I don't have a lot to compare it to, but they sound fairly dry, but still natural (at least in Classic), to the point I don't notice it, and adding a reverb after turning off the built-in still sounds good. Wish I could help more by listing off a comparison with other libraries!

A question for all of you who have purchased Nucleus: are the two different mixes dry or not? I noticed in their walk-through they had the reverb on so I'm haven't been able to get a definitive answer.

Our recording stage offers what we feel is a great sweet spot between not too dry and not too wet.

But yes, Nucleus includes a very nice reverb that is on by default. If you turn it off the sound is drier.

Last edited:

Here is a quick example, sustained strings patch out of the box, with reverb turned off and no processing or dynamics. Modern mix first, then the classic mix.

Attachments

• Nucleus Dry - Modern vs Classic.mp3
    382 KB · Views: 114
I love the legato oboe on this library. I threw something short together for a friend who is deliberating over it. Great lyrical quality. This will be my go-to moving forward.

Link to SoundCloud as well

Attachments

• Nucleus Pastorale.mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I love the legato oboe on this library. I threw something short together for a friend who is deliberating over it. Great lyrical quality. This will be my go-to moving forward.

Liar. You hired real musicians to perform this in your house.

/s it sounds really good.

Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing. Did you use the "Classic" mix for all instruments which I assume provides a softer sound?

Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing. Did you use the "Classic" mix for all instruments which I assume provides a softer sound?
I actually used the default mix settings. I did a fair bit of tweaking of the dynamics range however and pushed the glockenspiel and flute further back by adding more hall reverb.

Does anyone here use Nucleus with Studio One? I find that when I turn the sample start know all the way to the left at -250ms and set my track delay at -250ms, the track still has a significant delay.

Does anyone here use Nucleus with Studio One? I find that when I turn the sample start know all the way to the left at -250ms and set my track delay at -250ms, the track still has a significant delay.

Hey, I am on Studio One. I just did a quick test and loaded the Gran Cassa, set sample start to -250 and also track delay to -250. When I render that track right into S1 I get a latency of around 7ms which obviously matches my buffer size of 512. If I set it to 64 I get a latency of 2ms.

So, everything cool here!

Hey, I am on Studio One. I just did a quick test and loaded the Gran Cassa, set sample start to -250 and also track delay to -250. When I render that track right into S1 I get a latency of around 7ms which obviously matches my buffer size of 512. If I set it to 64 I get a latency of 2ms.

So, everything cool here!

Thanks! I'll give it a go.

Hey guys! To ensure that all patches in Nucleus play realistically and consistently in time we meticulously edited every single sample in the library. To explain that a little better, we added a short but in-depth video on our "Sample Start" feature that you can find on the "Advanced" page.

Last edited:
Glad I stumbled on this page.

The solo oboe, the legato celli, the solo horn. Absolutely gorgeous. And all the spiccato strings are absolutely top notch. Bravo AI. Might have to become a customer now

Last Call to get Nucleus at Intro Pricing. The intro pricing offer ends on September 27th at 1am PST.

Top Bottom