What's new

OUT NOW: JAEGER: Essential Modern Orchestra feat. Merethe Soltvedt

Anyone else having problems downloading it?

Connect kept crashing when it was trying to install the files. I’ve had to delete everything and start from scratch...

I had been lucky so far and never had issues with Connect, but had it with that download as well. It crashed during the installation. I restarted it and pressed download again and it re-installed and re-downloaded only one file that seemed to gone wrong and installed every afterwards fine. Hope it works out for you.

Otherwise I am really happy with this update and really like the ensemble patches, the non vib - vib options, the new percussion engine and the keyswitch layout. Very nice work they have done to this upgrade! Can't confirm the click on the D1 cello reported by @Anakin (tried them all), however I can hear it a bit when making the legato transition to the E1 in one of the round robins

It isn't an issue of the program "hanging", it's an issue of the program "crashing". It gets as far as trying to install the strings (Download seems to be fine) and then crashes.

I've never had any problems before with Continuata, but this froze several times during the installation. I just had to restart the download a couple of times (Shift + click on Download, for those who don't know), and leave it alone for a while before it worked out. Super excited about this update, looking forward to diving into it! :2thumbs:

Very nice update, but I don't understand the polyphonic legato one bit. Can't get this to work.

Question. Any further additions to this library, such as viola legatos and/or woodwinds, is that still up for debate for the future as a (perhaps payed) update?

Hey Sovereign,

Polyphonic Legato is velocity based, meaning that each legato voice is gonna be linked to a velocity range.

To make it work, you have to select Polyphonic Legato in the options menu, turn the option on (using the little button next to the menu), and then select the number of splits.

Once you select, e.g. 3 splits, you’ll be able to play up to 3 different legato voices, with voice 1 being linked to velocity range from 1 to 42, voice 2 from 43 to 84 and voice 3 from 85 to 127.

This method allows completely independent voices, as we wanted to avoid any conflicts between them.

Hey Sovereign,

Polyphonic Legato is velocity based, meaning that each legato voice is gonna be linked to a velocity range.

To make it work, you have to select Polyphonic Legato in the options menu, turn the option on (using the little button next to the menu), and then select the number of splits.

Once you select, e.g. 3 splits, you’ll be able to play up to 3 different legato voices, with voice 1 being linked to velocity range from 1 to 42, voice 2 from 43 to 84 and voice 3 from 85 to 127.

This method allows completely independent voices, as we wanted to avoid any conflicts between them.
Nice! Thanks for that. Amazing updates.

Finally got it installed and is very nice.

A couple of suggestions for @audioimperia (in addition to the suggestions I made above).

The reverse was a nice touch, would be good to also have a loop function (particularly for the drones).

I think the double basses need to be reworked. I always thought they sounded a bit weak in comparison to other strings and the ensemble patch has really highlighted this.

A couple of suggestions for @audioimperia (in addition to the suggestions I made above).

The reverse was a nice touch, would be good to also have a loop function (particularly for the drones).

I think the double basses need to be reworked. I always thought they sounded a bit weak in comparison to other strings and the ensemble patch has really highlighted this.
I do have to agree about the basses. Not nearly as aggressive as the rest of the strings, especially with spiccato.

Is there a walkthrough video for 1.2 coming please?

Top Bottom