What's new

OUT NOW: JAEGER: Essential Modern Orchestra feat. Merethe Soltvedt

audioimperia

Audio Imperia
JAEGER: Essential Modern Orchestra feat. Merethe Soltvedt

Deriving from the German word Jäger, meaning Hunter, JAEGER is the first release in a series of orchestral instruments that will usher you into a new era of modern cinematic music. As composers, we constantly find ourselves chasing that next creative spark, but our short deadlines don’t always allow us the time to let inspiration hit. You have to simply apply fingers to keys and pour the music into your sequencer.

To overcome this, JAEGER was created by a team of industry veterans who set out with two, seemingly, simple goals:
  • An incredible sound straight out of the box.
  • An incredibly user-friendly engine and interface.
Before settling on the exact specs for the library, the guys received extensive feedback from a number of highly successful, working composers to ensure no stone was left unturned. The constant pressure and tight deadlines demands for libraries with easy load times and maximum flexibility for a quick workflow.

With all of that in mind, the orchestral parts of JAEGER contain individual sections for strings, brass, and percussion. Though the library is primarily focused on punchy, epic music, it is not just designed to be loud; it is cinematic. JAEGER offers the following:
  • Separate Sections for Strings: 16 Violins, 10 Violas, 6 Celli, 4 Basses.
  • Separate Sections for Brass: 3 Trumpets, 6 Horns, 2 Tenor & 2 Bass Trombones, 2 Tubas.
  • Expansive Percussion Section: Gran Cassa Ensemble, Taikos (Small), Taikos .(Medium), Taikos (Large), Concert Tom Ensemble, Concert Snare (Low) Ensemble, Concert Snare (High) Ensemble, Sticks, Tam Tam, Piatti.
  • The full list of articulations is available https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5qrwp7tgixek7n/AI_Jaeger_Preview_PDF.pdf?dl=0 (HERE).
  • 5 stereo microphone positions: Spot, Tree, Wide, Far, Full Mix.
  • True Legato for Violins, Celli, Trumpets, Horns.
  • Signature FX Kontakt Engine.
  • Recorded in centered seating positions.
  • Up to 6 morphing velocity layers.
  • Up to 9 Round Robin (Random No Repeat).
  • Dynamic Pure Tuning for Strings & Brass, just like a real orchestra.
  • Preserved Original Recording Levels.
  • Non-Distance Compensated Mixes & Distance Compensated Mixes for Percussion, the best of both worlds.
  • SFX: Hits by Joshua Crispin aka Generdyn.
  • SFX: Braaams by Paul Ortiz and Bryan Leach.
  • SFX: Drones by Paul Ortiz.
  • SFX: Transitions & Granular FX by Bryan Leach.
  • Vocals by Merethe Soltvedt: Legatos.
  • Vocals by Merethe Soltvedt: Riser Scales (in Major/Minor and Soft/Loud).
  • Vocals by Merethe Soltvedt: Phrases (in Major/Minor and Soft/Loud).
Working with vocalist Merethe Soltvedt was a true pleasure. She is an award-winning vocalist who has performed for composers such as Jeff Broadbent, Henry Lai, Tom Salta, Ivan Torrent and companies like Brand X, Two Steps From Hell, and Ghostwriter Music. A truly unique and very angelic voice that will add a whole other dimension to your music.

JAEGER is actually just the beginning of what will be our orchestral sampling endeavor, meaning that we are planning to expand the orchestral product series, add new articulations, etc. as we go along. The idea with JAEGER was to on one hand cover the most commonly used articulations (and then some, by also adding sound design and vocals), and on the other hand to also showcase our take and our deep knowledge of orchestral sampling and lay the foundation for all future orchestra releases. And not just for epic music! The library works great with any kind of traditional orchestral music as well ... you'll just be missing the woodwinds ... for now ;).

Take advantage of the Intro-Sale Offer NOW at $549 (instead of the $599 MSRP), by using this discount code when you checkout: Intro-Jaeger.

Be the Hunter, Not the Hunted!

Release Date: OUT NOW

Last edited:
First percussion tech demos are up! Using the processed full mix mic the two demos showcase both the DC and NDC patches. To explain:

- With distance compensated mics, there's much more punchy-ness on the attack of the samples (DC patches sound better with epic/trailer music).
- With non-distance compensated mics, the stereo image is more natural ( NDC patches sound better with more traditional orchestral music).

All of the percussion patches will come with both versions. Both examples have zero processing.

Will be a great Christmas. Jaeger, Balkan MA3.....Chaos ????
Jaeger sounds really awesome. And that voice ....oh man !!!! And those percs !!! And a full sound design section...... And legatos !!!!!!
All ready to play !!!!!!!! Thanks.

While I wish this company all the best, I can't help but wonder why one would release a library of this type now, since there are many compilation libraries already available. It also appears similar results can be obtained by using collections of orchestral libraries from other developers. Perhaps someone could point out what makes this library different and therefore worth the not-inexpensive purchase price? Again, absolutely no disrespect intended towards the developers and my questions are not intended to be inflammatory. I truly am just curious.

While I wish this company all the best, I can't help but wonder why one would release a library of this type now, since there are many compilation libraries already available. It also appears similar results can be obtained by using collections of orchestral libraries from other developers. Perhaps someone could point out what makes this library different and therefore worth the not-inexpensive purchase price? Again, absolutely no disrespect intended towards the developers and my questions are not intended to be inflammatory. I truly am just curious.

I think it will be the Audio Imperia Sound : Hybrid, epic and now orchestral.

I think that seems a bit like... Ford has already built cars, no need for other devs to build cars too...
It's all about choice and taste... sometimes a BMW just rides smoother. I personally am grateful the devs try to push boundaries, invent new techniques and then some. Looking forward to Jaeger

Agreed. One can never have enough textures and flavors in the toolbag. Each library and developer has their own sound and ideas and I think it's always welcome. Audio Imperia does some of the best sounding stuff on the market, can't wait to see a walkthrough!

I think that seems a bit like... Ford has already built cars, no need for other devs to build cars too...
:) Not quite, Dirk, since not just one, but many developers are issuing libraries of this type. But I get your point. Yes, this one may have a different 'flavour'...I certainly never questioned that....but is it different enough to warrant consideration, and can the same results be obtained using other libraries? I'm sure if one answers yes to the first question, then there should be no problem deciding to purchase. Guess I'm trying to decide if I need to consider this library, based on everything I already have, or give it a pass. Again, I am not questioning the quality or the sound or the skills of the developers etc.

I am Eyeing this library. Probably one of the first all-in-one trailer style library? this would be awesome :)

@audioimperia I am incredibly impressed by the listed articulation list and the demo of course!

But 1 thing I can think off the top of my head that I think is missing is: the "rolls" for the Piatti cymbals. It currently only shows "hits".

Pre-order is almost certain, since i have almost everything Audio Imperia does, and what they do is just great sounding and easy to work with.
Now i will wait for a walkthrough video and that will seal the deal.. so far i am impressed and i really this will be my new go-to epic orchestral library.

But to be fair, I also think trailer and epic means entirely different things sometimes and people like to get them confused (which I did).

ALbion ONE/Majestica/MetroArk1 are all "epic" libraries that can be layered and suitable for trailer use but would definitely not stand on its own for trailer use.

So I really am seeing an All-in-ONe package that Audio Imperia is offering... Am I wrong about taht?? hmm..

Can' t decide before walkthrough....Same for MA3. Same for everything. I understand the preorder period, but please do the walkthroughs at the same time. So we will decide immediately. Thanks. Can't be wrong with audioimperia. Epic is Epic. Great sounding as always. But have to make a choice this december. Thanks.

Last edited:
@tomaslobosk Any update on a video walkthrough and a look at the legatos before the release ? :)

Also, will we get a heads up couple of days before release to still be able to benefit from the pre-order price ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom