What's new

OUT NOW: JAEGER: Essential Modern Orchestra feat. Merethe Soltvedt

When I turn that on, the effect comes on no matter what position the big knob is at.

Hey Puzzlefactory, here's a brief explanation:
Untitled.png

Yellow area: Acts as a regular FX page, you can turn on and off any effects (e.g. Compressor, Rotator) you want, and move any parameters (e.g. Compressor's Attack, Rotator's Speed) you want using your mouse.

Green area: Here's where you assign parameters to be controlled by Big Knob.

Say you want Big Knob to control Rotator's Speed.

1. Select the Rotator effect in the effect menu (Yellow section), and turn it on using the led on the left side of the menu.

2. Select the Speed parameter in the parameter menu (Green section) and assign it to Big Knob using the led on the left side of the parameter menu.

3. Now if you move Big Knob from 0% to 100%, Rotator's Speed will move from 0% to 100% too, since that's the default assignment mode (Check From & To Value Edits)

- Say that you want Rotator's Speed to go from 75% to 100% instead... or even from 100% to 75% (Inverse), then just enter those values into the From & To value edits.

- You can assign to Big Knob as many parameters as you want, and that's the whole purpose of Big Knob, a tool that allows you to do heavy sound transformations by using just one knob :)

- You can save and load presets too!

Last edited:
Hey Puzzlefactory, here's a brief explanation:
Untitled.png

Yellow area: Acts as a regular FX page, you can turn on and off any effects (e.g. Compressor, Rotator) you want, and move any parameters (e.g. Compressor's Attack, Rotator's Speed) you want using your mouse.

Green area: Here's where you assign parameters to be controlled by Big Knob.

Say you want Big Knob to control Rotator's Speed.

1. Select the Rotator effect in the effect menu (Yellow section), and turn it on using the led on the left side of the menu.

2. Select the Speed parameter in the parameter menu (Green section) and assign it to Big Knob using the led on the left side of the parameter menu.

3. Now if you move Big Knob from 0% to 100%, Rotator's Speed will move from 0% to 100% too, since that's the default assignment mode (Check From & To Value Edits)

- Say that you want Rotator's Speed to go from 75% to 100% instead... or even from 100% to 75% (Inverse), then just enter those values into the From & To value edits.

- You can assign to Big Knob as many parameters as you want, and that's the whole purpose of Big Knob, a tool that allows you to do heavy sound transformations by using just one knob :)

- You can save and load presets too!

Yeah that’s the method i’ve tried, but when I try to assign distortion to the big knob, the moment I turn the effect on, it affects the sound regardless of what position the big knob is at.

Yeah that’s the method i’ve tried, but when I try to assign distortion to the big knob, the moment I turn the effect on, it affects the sound regardless of what position the big knob is at.

Big Knob is not a dry/wet slider, it only affects the parameters you assign to it, so, say if you turn on the Flanger, and you assign Flanger Speed to Big Knob, Flanger will be affecting the sound regardless of what position the Big Knob is at, as you're only changing the speed of the flanging effect by moving Big Knob.

So if you want Big Knob to act as a dry/wet slider, you must also assign Flanger Amount to it. (or Distortion Drive in your case)

If this info still doesn't help you, please send a support e-mail to [email protected] with some video attachments so we can help you :)

Big Knob is not a dry/wet slider, it only affects the parameters you assign to it, so, say if you turn on the Flanger, and you assign Flanger Speed to Big Knob, Flanger will be affecting the sound regardless of what position the Big Knob is at, as you're only changing the speed of the flanging effect by moving Big Knob.

So if you want Big Knob to act as a dry/wet slider, you must also assign Flanger Amount to it. (or Distortion Drive in your case)

If this info still doesn't help you, please send a support e-mail to [email protected] with some video attachments so we can help you :)

Ok, I’ll have a bit more of a play around and see what I can do. I would have thought that if you assigned a parameter and it went from 0-100%, then that is wet/dry...?

A couple of suggestions for future updates.

Would be nice to have a couple of ensemble patches, particularly strings and percussion.

The sound design stuff is great, but would like to see more of it, pads, plucks, pulses, risers etc etc, and would like the option to play all the sounds over the keyboard (not just the drones).

Thinking about buying this library especially for working on tracks while on the road with my laptop. Is this library a cpu hog or is it light on resources? While I won't have any problems on my desktop computer( I7-7700K and 48 GB of ram) the same can't be said about my laptop which is a Kaby Lake Dual Core I5...

Thinking about buying this library especially for working on tracks while on the road with my laptop. Is this library a cpu hog or is it light on resources? While I won't have any problems on my desktop computer( I7-7700K and 48 GB of ram) the same can't be said about my laptop which is a Kaby Lake Dual Core I5...

Sent you a pm Trombking :)

The vocal part is worth the price alone. ;)

Amazing vocal patches. If they sold the vocals by themselves for $99 I would instantly purchase. As it is, I already have major libs for strings/brass/percussion/hybrid that have much more functionality so I have to pass.

They've got something very special with those vocals and they should capitalize on it with a separate offering (and then take that tech and come out with a fuller choir offering in the future).

Amazing vocal patches. If they sold the vocals by themselves for $99 I would instantly purchase. As it is, I already have major libs for strings/brass/percussion/hybrid that have much more functionality so I have to pass.

They've got something very special with those vocals and they should capitalize on it with a separate offering (and then take that tech and come out with a fuller choir offering in the future).

I would also buy the vocals in a heartbeat! I don't have any need currently for the rest of the material, so spending $599 just to get the vocals would not be financially wise for me. C'mon Audio Imperia, please just sell the vocals. :)

So would I. I love the sound of the rest but that is not enough reason to spend 600$ for my 6th string- and 4th brasslibrary. But the vocals are unique.

I would also buy the vocals in a heartbeat! I don't have any need currently for the rest of the material, so spending $599 just to get the vocals would not be financially wise for me. C'mon Audio Imperia, please just sell the vocals. :)

totally agree. +1 for vocal only!

Everything in the library is very well recorded and the legato patches are amazing playable! Instant gratification. Not just for the vocals..

+1

Top Bottom