What's new

Out now: BOOM Library’s first sound design plug-in: Turbine

Can I load / import my own sounds in Turbine?
If not, can it be used as an effect to process my own audio signal?

Hi enCiphered. No you can't. This is a closed system. The sound generator and the simulation are closely intertwined. Everything is calculated in realtime and there are no samples involved which is why there is no import or patch through functionality.

Hi enCiphered. No you can't. This is a closed system. The sound generator and the simulation are closely intertwined. Everything is calculated in realtime and there are no samples involved which is why there is no import or patch through functionality.

Thanks Xcell.
But if no sound import or sound manipulation (as effect plugin) is possible, Turbine will soon reach its limit regarding sound variations I´m afraid. Or am I missing something?
I understand the concept with the sound generator but how many sound effects can I, as a sound designer create before they start to sound the same?

Hi enCiphered. Yes and no. Of course it is a plug-in that simulates the behavior of turbine engines. But you can do a lot more. You have a whole bunch of possibilities to change / alter the sound, however, you will not be able to create a dinosaur. Check out the Engine tutorial video, that explains a bit more in detail how deep you can go regarding flexibility and variety:

Hello, nice plugin! Can the "thrust" fader be triggered with the Modwheel or Pitchbend controller? Thank you.

that's freakin awesome! At least the videos are.

I'll save my seven days for a time when I have a realistic reason to use it, but I suspect I will end up owning it. That is really cool!

Hello, nice plugin! Can the "thrust" fader be triggered with the Modwheel or Pitchbend controller? Thank you.
Hi Mundano. We need a whole lot more resolution. For Thrust this is 100.000 units, compared to 127 units that a Midi controller offers. It would really sound horrible ;)

But still available for automation within e.g. Logic X I suppose?
Yes, actually all parameters are accessible via automation, even (or especially) the x/y/z coordinates in the Simulator. Automation has a much higher resolution compared to midi, that is why we went this route. Automation also has a higher resolution compared to mouse input, so automating stuff is highly recommended here...

Top Bottom