What's new

OUT NOW: Appassionata - The next generation of highly-detailed string legatos.

Spitfire Team

Infuse your music with more passion than ever before. Delivering flowing and emotive lines, these new legatos enable composers to intuitively write in beautiful, soaring melodic styles, with stunning precision.

1. 30 top London string players recorded using our new "Impulse Legato" technique at the world-famous Air Studios.
  2. The culmination of years of intensive research and development at Spitfire Audio
  3. Perfectly balanced and incredibly detailed, enabling composers to intuitively write emotive, flowing melodies.
  4. 11 professional signals, featuring 4 expertly engineered mixes and 7 mic positions

Watch the Walkthrough:

Learn more about Appassionata: https://bit.ly/3nFrsoA

Short question @Spitfire Team : Can I download only the mic mixes?

Longer question: I read last year you are working on 'modular' installing of a library, as in only downloading specific mic positions or maybe even specific patches. Do have you any status on that? I would love to buy Appassionata, but in my 1TB internal SSD 80GB based on 11 signals for legato strings (but BEAUTIFUL legato strings) is a little much. I would prefer to download only the mixes or only the close & tree mic. Same with BBCSO Pro and Abbey Road One, amazing libraries, but in my situation with all those other GB's worth of your wonderful libraries, I would only want to download/install a few mic positions per library.

Short question @Spitfire Team : Can I download only the mic mixes?
I think the answer to your question is no. There's no mechanism in place to change your download of the whole library. However, it's pretty common to delete what is not needed of the mic positions within the library. They have some guidance on this for BBCO and AROOF

No reason to think that this isn't possible with the new library, but I think you're stuck downloading the whole library before being able to complete that process.

I just keep buying more SSDs, having given in long time ago, and went from a 2TB drive for libraries to a 4TB, and 2x2TB drives (and am down to 350GB remaining on the 4TB where my Spitfire libraries live.
BBCSO Pro was a beast to download, but the flexibility in mic positions available is really awesome.

Good luck!

Good luck!
Thanks for your experience on it and the links! I tried that a few months ago with AROOF, but after spending an hour sorting out all those files, the plugin didn't recognize it anymore (probably my fault somewhere in the process). I'm also a little hesitant as I have the feeling when there is an update, I have to put all those files back to let it update properly.

I made the beginner mistake to buy a medium/high end laptop, but with only three 3.0 USB inputs. And those inputs aren't the best unfortunately with energy and how fast they are. Multiple SSD externals isn't an option at the moment, so I have to choose my GB's well. That's why I'm glad with the modular approach of Orchestral Tools where I can fully use a high end library like Berlin Symphonic Strings with less than around 15GB if I only use the tree (or make my own SINE mic mix).

I hope @Spitfire Team can get this installing and downloading process too as I will immediately open my wallet to purchase BBCSO Pro and Appassionata. Or eventually with a new computer with loads more and better USB inputs, you will see me with a desk full of external SSD's as well @pranic!

Thanks for your experience on it and the links! I tried that a few months ago with AROOF, but after spending an hour sorting out all those files, the plugin didn't recognize it anymore (probably my fault somewhere in the process). I'm also a little hesitant as I have the feeling when there is an update, I have to put all those files back to let it update properly.

I made the beginner mistake to buy a medium/high end laptop, but with only three 3.0 USB inputs. And those inputs aren't the best unfortunately with energy and how fast they are. Multiple SSD externals isn't an option at the moment, so I have to choose my GB's well. That's why I'm glad with the modular approach of Orchestral Tools where I can fully use a high end library like Berlin Symphonic Strings with less than around 15GB if I only use the tree (or make my own SINE mic mix).

I hope @Spitfire Team can get this installing and downloading process too as I will immediately open my wallet to purchase BBCSO Pro and Appassionata. Or eventually with a new computer with loads more and better USB inputs, you will see me with a desk full of external SSD's as well @pranic!
You can download BBCSO Pro to a normal external HD and then just copy over the Tree mic position to your laptop’s SSD. Then you also have a backup of BBCSO Pro, that’s always good to have 🙂

Top Bottom