What's new

Our Greatest Instrument Yet. Announcing PercX! (Standalone/VST/AU/AAX)

I would want to reset the start of only one loop, with all the others playing. I know that I can achieve this with two instances of PercX, but it would be cool to have everything in the same one
Ah, I see. One way to do this would be to render the loop to a WAV file, and insert it on the DAW timeline at the places you want it to play. It's a workaround, but it will do the job.

The best way to do this, of course, would be to have the ability to drag MIDI files of the loops to your DAW ala RMX, among others. I believe Auddict said somewhere earlier in this thread that might try to make that happen in the future....it would sort of undermine their DAW within a DAW model for PercX, but it would sure be great for users.

Last edited:
I would want to reset the start of only one loop, with all the others playing. I know that I can achieve this with two instances of PercX, but it would be cool to have everything in the same one

By default, all 16 tracks of one PercX instance are synced so you can change the "arrangement" while the loop plays and it keeps the master timing.

What you're asking is basically an option to "desync" them so you can play them individually, which is a sensible request. We'll look into it.

Finally decided to jump on this and very happy that buying, installing and downloading, even if kind of strange and ...... yes, strange..... worked at last. But while trying to load in my daw I get this:
1582064281896.png

Any ideas on this ?

First try I am wondering a bit about the drum map cause I got not many matches with existing midi track, does it have anything to do with general midi or adepts any other common mapping ?

Win 10, the driver of my creative soundblaster card, no problem ever with any other vst2/vst3 so far with this driver settings (not even with Hexeract....) and never seen this message before. DAW is Mixcraft 9 Pro.

The problem could be solved if I set the driver to 48 but normally I am fine with the 44 so I really dont want to change that for one plugin.

Strange, I am at work now so I can only look at it in the evening but I am nearly sure that my buffer size was 512 (or maybe 1024 but no skewed size) so that should not cause any problem. And strange that changing the samplerate fixed the problem, but I will have a look in the evening.

The error message says 441 samples which is the unfortunate default for non ASIO drivers because it‘s exaclty 10ms and if you switch to 48kHz it will be 480 samples which is fine.

I see the problem now but still dont understand why no other vst has any problem with this.

I use the core driver from Mixcraft 9 Pro "Core Audio Wave RT" which gives me the best results but has the problem that it is not possible to change any settings, not even the latency seconds and this is set to 20 which might cause the problems. I have now set it to "exclusive mode" there I can change the settings and set it to 24 ms that seems to work but this way I wont have any audio in any other application while daw is running.

Without going to much into detail, the reason why PercX requires a multiple of 8 is because it downsamples the entire modulation signal system by eight and interpolates the values so basically every envelope or CC modulator uses 8x less CPU. The tradeoff is that it requires the incoming audio buffers to be a multiple of 8 or you get some weird leftovers at the end of each buffer.

However I never ever heard of a case where a non-8 buffer size is being chosen except for when the user doesn't care or know and this terrible default of 441 samples is being used so this error message is my attempt of nudging the user into a sensible buffer size that your CPU will love (and I didn't even mention SSE optimisations which also requires multiples of 4 / 8)...

Why don't you use ASIO? It's by far the best driver option on Windows in my experience and even if you don't have a native ASIO driver, the ASIO4ALL driver works perfectly.

Why don't you use ASIO? It's by far the best driver option on Windows in my experience and even if you don't have a native ASIO driver, the ASIO4ALL driver works perfectly.

In all other daw I usually use the ASIO4All but in my actual system configuration with Mixcraft 9 Pro (which is my main daw at the moment, it simply works best for my needs) the "native" core audio driver really seems to be the one working best so far. That might have to do with my Creative SoundBlaster AudigyRX soundcard or whatever.

Think I will have to tryout a little with different settings, problem understood. I am a little afraid that with the 48 Hz with the standard core audio driver which works with PercX I might get problems with other VST/Kontakt cause so far I always used the 44 HZ settings and never had any problems before.

Very curious how folks like the sound quality of this compared to something like LAMP or Saga or Strikeforce? Of course, this is a pattern-based product and those are not, but this also has multi-sampled recordings of individual hits I believe.

Sorry, I don't own LAMP, Saga, or Strikeforce, but I will say PercX is a good companion to those who own Damage, HZP, Stormdrum, RMX and Action Strikes like me. PercX doesn't step on those library and has sound quality equal to or better than each of those. I will say if you're looking for nuanced, real sounding percussion I wouldn't try to use PercX to fool anyone into thinking the performances were live recordings (especially solo percussion). PercX excels in realm of the big and the weird and the creative, but not realism as some other libraries do. The engine is amazing though and innovative. I can see it developing into being able sound more realistic.

Very curious how folks like the sound quality of this compared to something like LAMP or Saga or Strikeforce? Of course, this is a pattern-based product and those are not, but this also has multi-sampled recordings of individual hits I believe.

Don't have Saga...LAMP to me is sonically terrific, best percussion lib audio wise, Strikeforce gets a lot of use here too and sounds great but Perc X is the easiest to use, has the most variety and in a track with any of those easily will hold it's sonic ground, you won't need it any better...great sound.

I'm probably a bit dense, but how the hell do you delete notes in the 'Edit' tab? I tried about every mouse modifier combinations I could think of plus pressing the X and Backspace keys (+ Modifier keys) but nothing works. I don't have a delete key on my Macbook, does that one work maybe?

And here goes another Auddict "special intro prize".....

How many weeks it took ? 2 ? 3 ?

Please just stop kidding your serious customers this way.

All Auddict products have been on regular 50 % sale so THIS is the REAL prize: 50 % off.

Maybe I only be angry with myself after all this Hexeract troubles I trusted them again with this intro sale.

But I think I have learned now: dont EVER trust Auddict again in ANYTHING. Especially not in any "intro" or whatever prices....

Top Bottom