What's new

Our Greatest Instrument Yet. Announcing PercX! (Standalone/VST/AU/AAX)

Auddict

We at Auddict are absolutely thrilled to bring you an instrument that has been in the making for over two years. Hundreds of hours were spent recording and producing an enormous number of different instruments in many different locations. Our engine has been tirelessly and repeatedly reprogrammed, re-evaluated and redesigned to give the best possible creative and enjoyable user experience.......

Welcome to PercX
As of now: the most advanced virtual percussion instrument.

PercX is the perfect synergy between samples and loops, handling both worlds to and beyond their limits.

Runs as a standalone, VST, AU and AAX plugin. Compatible with all major DAWs.

www.auddict.com/percx

- 500+ instruments available. Taikos, Toms, Snares, Kicks, Hats, Bombos, Hybrid SFX, Chinese Toms, Dhols, Djuns and Frame Drums are just a few of the many instruments included in PercX. You name it. We have it.

- All instruments function as both multi-RR sampled instruments with up to eight dynamic layers, or as fully customizable loops.

5dd69fe4f66c443cc8ccf599_exploreimg[1].jpg

- Use the Dynamics slider to turn PercX into a responsive Percussion ensemble that plays with real-time controllable dynamics. The Dynamics control allows you to change the dynamics of an instrument with a single knob in real-time with various scaling modes that preserve the dynamic relation even down to the lowest levels.

- All mixing tools and effects have been designed with percussion in mind. We've condensed some of the most interesting effects into single knobs with either one or two dials.

- The playback engine of PercX makes sure that the prerolls and transients of your arrangements will always be perfectly locked in tempo. The MIDI editing also snaps to the transients for a musical workflow.

- Map any number of parameters to one of eight macro controls. Adjust the range and curve of each connection. Connect the Macros to one of three modulation sources.

Walkthrough Videos (Ongoing Series):

5dd6a6559342621895f62f6b_performControlTheMusic[1].jpg CTRLTAB DELETE.JPG

All instruments have been created in a musical context and you can use the original rhythms to jump-start your compositions. You can use them as they are, tweak them a little bit, or completely deconstruct the patterns and compose entirely new material.

If that isn't enough, "manual mode" lets you play the instrument like a traditional sample library, with very high numbers of RR repetitions and up to eight dynamic layers.

FX

Instead of including another standard compressor and saturator we went back to the drawing board and developed an entire set of tremendously powerful one knob effects.

All the complex "sweet spot" adjustment have been taken care of, so that instead of turning countless tiny sliders, you can throw them in the mix and get inspired right away.

Last edited:
I am worrying more if this first version (no demo it seems) has the same alpha quality then Hexeract when it came out and will took years to get finished really.....

Similar concern here .... OTH _ PercX Pro offers interesting content if all performs as videos suggest ?

I am worrying more if this first version (no demo it seems) has the same alpha quality then Hexeract when it came out and will took years to get finished really.....
Definitely a fair point, and partly the reason why we spent far more time on PercX before we were fully confident in its stability and also ease of use, before we allowed it out into the world!

We did - unlike last time - have a full team of BETA testers and testing phase to ensure that it was bulletproof for release. We also spent a long amount of time redesigning the interface and rewriting and modifying the engine for a really great user experience. It works well ;)

How much disk space does this need? How many mic options available?
20GB uncompressed, but it only takes 8GB on your system. We're using our own special compression, maybe @chrisboy wants to chime in a bit on that? It's very cool...

On the topic of mic positions; in PercX we wanted to prepare sounds to be instantly usable so you don’t have to bother too much with the mixing details if you don’t want to. Of course the tools are there to do so if you wish.

If you like a particular drum with more ambience or a different perspective, there are a lot different versions of the same drum, so many of the same type of drum(s), same type of drum in different locations, different mic mixes/perspectives etc.

What you can do, is load up to sixteen instruments in the same instance, perhaps dry and ambient versions of the same type of drum, and mix them together. You can also adjust the envelopes individually, among other things. In a way, creatively you have even more options. We’ll probably make a video on some tricks and creative ideas related to this.

I need another percussion library like a hole in the head but the sound quality in addition to the flexibilty of the loop sequencer are winning me over! My weakness in percussion is programming loops because I tend to think like a metal drummer playing a double bass kit. That's fine for doing rock songs but just never sounds right for cinematic stuff so starting points are always helpful for me. How many loop sequences are included and is there any sort of randomize feature?

20GB uncompressed, but it only takes 8GB on your system. We're using our own special compression, maybe @chrisboy wants to chime in a bit on that? It's very cool...

On the topic of mic positions; in PercX we wanted to prepare sounds to be instantly usable so you don’t have to bother too much with the mixing details if you don’t want to. Of course the tools are there to do so if you wish.

If you like a particular drum with more ambience or a different perspective, there are a lot different versions of the same drum, so many of the same type of drum(s), same type of drum in different locations, different mic mixes/perspectives etc.

What you can do, is load up to sixteen instruments in the same instance, perhaps dry and ambient versions of the same type of drum, and mix them together. You can also adjust the envelopes individually, among other things. In a way, creatively you have even more options. We’ll probably make a video on some tricks and creative ideas related to this.

How many round robnis are available?

We did - unlike last time - have a full team of BETA testers and testing phase to ensure that it was bulletproof for release. We also spent a long amount of time redesigning the interface and rewriting and modifying the engine for a really great user experience.

This sounds good. Any prediction how long the Blackfriday/Intro offer will stay ? To be honest I really will feel better if I have heard some user experiences to confirm evrything works as supposed.

One question I did not really get clear from the first video (sure it will be answered in the second one which seem to deal with the midi part) will there be an option to use it as simple GM midi compatible drum sequencer/vst to just playback existing midi drum tracks ?

I need another percussion library like a hole in the head but the sound quality in addition to the flexibilty of the loop sequencer are winning me over! My weakness in percussion is programming loops because I tend to think like a metal drummer playing a double bass kit. That's fine for doing rock songs but just never sounds right for cinematic stuff so starting points are always helpful for me. How many loop sequences are included and is there any sort of randomize feature?
Hey Richard. So every single instrument has its own loop. I cannot stress enough by the way, that every. single. instrument. can be loaded as a loop or as a fully multi-sample instrument (multi RR, multi dynamics).
Regarding loops - you can actually load an instrument, lock the instrument, and then cycle through any of the other instruments loops (loading just their rhythms) in. So if you're not confident enough to write stuff from scratch, you can just lock it, and *click click click* until you find something you like!

Another addon question: I would assume that the 500 instruments are in the pro version, so I really wonder how many instruments and kits are in the core version ?

Hey Richard. So every single instrument has its own loop. I cannot stress enough by the way, that every. single. instrument. can be loaded as a loop or as a fully multi-sample instrument (multi RR, multi dynamics).
Regarding loops - you can actually load an instrument, lock the instrument, and then cycle through any of the other instruments loops (loading just their rhythms) in. So if you're not confident enough to write stuff from scratch, you can just lock it, and *click click click* until you find something you like!
Very impressed! I'm going to watch more of the playthroughs first but this is definitely something I've been looking for. Thank you!

How many round robnis are available?
Varies greatly depending on instrument and context. So hybrid SFX by nature may have very few or even a single set only, if it’s e.g. whooshes. Drums on the other hand can go as high as 10+. A rough average for the drums is 7RR

Is there a user manual? Can you post a link to it?

I need to have a better understanding of how you arrange loop-length segments sequentially to form a composition. One way would be the ability to export segments as MIDI to your DAW so they can be played back one after the other in "manual mode". Is that how it works?

Last edited:
Hi Dirk, did you buy percx Core or percx pro please ?
If I want to write some "action strikes style" drums with big taikos, what is your advice in the choice of the expansion? Traditional x or cinematic rythms? Thank you in advance for your answer!

Top Bottom