What's new

Originals Intimate Strings — OUT NOW!

So I have Cinematic Strings, Cinematic Studio Strings, and 8Dio Agitado Sordino Strings. I don't have any Flautando articulations. Does it make sense to purchase this library just for that patch? I think that my existing libraries have the other bases covered.

Scarlet Jerry

So I have Cinematic Strings, Cinematic Studio Strings, and 8Dio Agitado Sordino Strings. I don't have any Flautando articulations. Does it make sense to purchase this library just for that patch? I think that my existing libraries have the other bases covered.

Scarlet Jerry
It is a very different yet beautiful sound... and ultimately a matter of taste and whether or not you think you’ll actually use it

This is a bit off topic. But I got these Intimate Strings and went to Spifires youtube channel to check themyesterday. Just a few days earlier there is an interview done by Paul Thompson. Brilliant interview, it was extremely enjoyable, mainly bcs Pauls approach on communication. It is a very relaxed style, listening, and not pushing at all. But still informative. I could even watch this guys doing any types of interviews, from gardening to family affairs.

Now I went to search for a thread in which I could have posted this opinion, but there was no thread on the videos. At least not within a very long time. Not from Spitfire either. So apologies for putting the opinion here, but it would be great to see more interviews done by Paul Thompson. And thanks for the Intimate Strings. It was mainly the recorder that was broken in Albion 2, would maybe have made more sense with Intimate woods, but not complaining here.

Quick question: Is Intimate Strings worth getting when I already have BBC Orchestra Core? What am I missing?

Here is a livestream replay of my first impressions of Intimate Strings. I also do a short comparison with BBCSO. The thing about Intimate Strings is the section size and how they were recorded. Also Air Studios room plays such a big part in contributing to the sound as well. I posted this in Reviews but it might also be helpful here.
PS: Epic Strings landed yesterday 😳

Spitfire Audio | Originals Intimate Strings | Cinematic Inspiration

This is a bit off topic. But I got these Intimate Strings and went to Spifires youtube channel to check themyesterday. Just a few days earlier there is an interview done by Paul Thompson. Brilliant interview, it was extremely enjoyable, mainly bcs Pauls approach on communication. It is a very relaxed style, listening, and not pushing at all. But still informative. I could even watch this guys doing any types of interviews, from gardening to family affairs.

Now I went to search for a thread in which I could have posted this opinion, but there was no thread on the videos. At least not within a very long time. Not from Spitfire either. So apologies for putting the opinion here, but it would be great to see more interviews done by Paul Thompson. And thanks for the Intimate Strings. It was mainly the recorder that was broken in Albion 2, would maybe have made more sense with Intimate woods, but not complaining here.
He seems to be a jolly good chap, old boy.
Over and out.

Quick question: Is Intimate Strings worth getting when I already have BBC Orchestra Core? What am I missing?

I would think so. What I discovered in my comparison was BBCSO is sampled “in place” while Intimate Strings was sampled in a different arrangement of the players at Air. You can really hear the difference.
I found it very interesting,

All the best,

From what I have listen and watched so far Originals Intimate Strings sounds very nice, I would have paid a little more to have 'tremolo' and 'trills'. Are the samples used for this library from a different Spitfire collection or have been newly recorded?

Cheers,

Max T.

From what I have listen and watched so far Originals Intimate Strings sounds very nice, I would have paid a little more to have 'tremolo' and 'trills'. Are the samples used for this library from a different Spitfire collection or have been newly recorded?

Cheers,

Max T.

Here is the info from their FAQ:

DOES THIS LIBRARY CONTAIN EXISTING CONTENT?
Yes. Intimate Strings has been made out of our existing chamber strings recordings found in Albion II Loegria, recorded at Lyndhurst Hall, AIR Studios. The product is no longer for sale, but we have selected our favourite samples, updated and simplified to give you three signals and nine essential and extended techniques, for a beautiful, close sound.

This was my first actual Spitfire purchase. I had Labs (fantastic) and the BBCSO core, which I also loved. I almost felt like I was robbing SA to be honest. As soon as I got the email announcing this plugin and watched the video, I bought it immediately. I would say it's worth every penny for me. Good job Christian and team, lovely sounds particularly the half section and flautando, just lovely.

I think I'll be sure to buy another original next paycheck as long as my wife doesn't chew me out lol.

My first Spitfire purchase as well, also bought Epic Strings the next day, haha. Already used them in several tracks, astonishing value!

I’m now pondering which Spitfire library to get next (damn you / thank you, Spitfire), which is no easy task because there are several I really like and that are also fairly similar. Chamber Strings, Olafur Arnalds Evolutions, Neo and Tundra. Leaning towards the first two because I mostly need the strings.

Last edited:
Here is the info from their FAQ:

DOES THIS LIBRARY CONTAIN EXISTING CONTENT?
Yes. Intimate Strings has been made out of our existing chamber strings recordings found in Albion II Loegria, recorded at Lyndhurst Hall, AIR Studios. The product is no longer for sale, but we have selected our favourite samples, updated and simplified to give you three signals and nine essential and extended techniques, for a beautiful, close sound.
Thanks... I have checked an old SF Loegria video and there used to be the 'trem' technique in that library that for some reasons was left out in this new incarnation with Intimate Strings.

This is a cracking library. I'm still fairly green when it comes to VIs, but the playability out of the box is immense. I think I had a melody within minutes of downloading.

The best compliment I can give is it is very musical, especially the flautando. The broad trend in scoring and orchestral music seems to me to be more soundscape and texture. Atonality is also quite popular. It's nice to find tools that can sing a song should you want to.

Top Bottom