What's new

Originals: Cinematic Soft Piano — Available Now!

Ah, my first love, we meet again.

Now, either I've missed a ton of relentless teasing, or this marks a happy change in the marketing? If it's the latter, then thank you, sincerely.

Slightly surprised that this is an "Originals" release. Maybe a full-fledged version with all the mics later on?

Still pretty happy with the Kontakt version of the Gwilym Simcock piano myself...

Super review. You really put the little piano thru its paces. While much sounded super, that pad sound and the "mechanical" sounds did not work for me. Did it seem to me that you were doing all you could to eliminate these strange sounds? A bit concerning even with a $29 price point.

Super review. You really put the little piano thru its paces. While much sounded super, that pad sound and the "mechanical" sounds did not work for me. Did it seem to me that you were doing all you could to eliminate these strange sounds? A bit concerning even with a $29 price point.

I think the noises did get in the way a little, but finding what works with the mic positions and tightening, etc. I was able to navigate somewhat.
Remember the library had been in my system about a good hour or two so you were seeing me discover this for the first time 🤓and that can feel overwhelming at time but also exhilarating.
Thanks so much for watching and the kind support. Lots more ahead.

It's gorgeous. There is a bit of a sense of what might have been. It's not got a responsive feel, but it sounds delicious. The product's abandoned greater scope is a loss. It could have more control/layers etc. It could have more a full set of mics. That would have made it a product worth much more. As it is though, it's an extraordinarily beautiful sound for a steal. HZP it is not...

I hope the next thing is a proper Big / Jazz / Swing Band or better still an orqestra tipica. How awesome would that sound in the hall? I would really like to hear a piano and a full set of percussion in the studio, though, too.

For those of us who already have soft piano from LABS, is this considerably different enough to warrant using up more HD space?

Maybe this will help. Yes, I had the free labs version and this immediately sounded sweeter (to my untrained ears) with more flexibility. And the new Cinematic is just under 2 GB

The question maybe between the two Originals offering. Here is what SpitFire is saying...

Originals Felt Piano has a closer, more delicate sound, with three close signals (Condenser, Ribbon and Hammers). It was recorded on the dry stage at Spitfire Studios, performed by jazz legend and Mercury Prize nominee Gwilym Simcock. It features 10 presets, from close to synth-like, plus ADSR and sustain pedal level control.

Cinematic Soft Piano was recorded at Lyndhurst Hall, AIR Studios, performed by Spitfire Audio co-founder and composer Christian Henson. It also provides a Close signal for a more intimate sound, while the Mix signal goes all the way up to a reverberant, widescreen sound.

Last edited:
Top Bottom