What's new

"Orchestration 1: From Sketch To Orchestra" Lite Course sale

It's being revamped but Alain walks through this with orchestration 1 in scoreclub. He has three videos at the end of that course where he talks and sketches his choices
I would absolutely concur with this. I studied privately with Alain for a number of years and he is the very best. Sign up to Scoreclub, you won't find better. In fact he's doing a deal at the moment on subscriptions. Please note: although I'm an ex-student, I have no affiliation, just admiration!

ScoreClub

The mockups I spoke of. I would think you could learn quite a bit from this guy, but what do I know?

So, looking at the "Orchestration : from Sketch to Orchestra" Power course on sale for $ 157. Sale is good until September 17th. Should I pull the trigger or is there another online Orch. class I should be looking at for this price?

Thanks
Rawl

Well.....their sales, as already pointed out, come around every other week. I also strongly disapprove of their sales banner on the hone page which shows who have purchased the product in past x days.....i registered an interest (more on that later) with my email address, but now it flashes up my name and location as a VERIFIED purchase....i have not purchased it. So the question is, how many others also have not purchased it but being shown as verified purchases? Very misleading.

Once registered (that's how they have my details), it soon became apparent that to benefit fully, you had to purchase other modules, so sale price is just a starting point, not an end price.

When the sale finishes, you will be informed that you are put on a waiting list and if someone drops of the course, you may get another opportunity to purchase at the sale price. Now, guess what? "Someone" dropped off the course and i was given another chance....umm.

Look, the material and course may be ok, but when right up front a company is using misleading marketing, i personally don't trust them, but that's just my opinion.

There are other courses, thinkspace springs to mind.

Melph,

Thank you for your response.

Well.....their sales, as already pointed out, come around every other week. I also strongly disapprove of their sales banner on the hone page which shows who have purchased the product in past x days.....i registered an interest (more on that later) with my email address, but now it flashes up my name and location as a VERIFIED purchase....i have not purchased it. So the question is, how many others also have not purchased it but being shown as verified purchases? Very misleading.

Once registered (that's how they have my details), it soon became apparent that to benefit fully, you had to purchase other modules, so sale price is just a starting point, not an end price.

When the sale finishes, you will be informed that you are put on a waiting list and if someone drops of the course, you may get another opportunity to purchase at the sale price. Now, guess what? "Someone" dropped off the course and i was given another chance....umm.

I hear you. I am more used to dealing with folks like Udemy and Groove3 which don't seem to be like this.

Look, the material and course may be ok, but when right up front a company is using misleading marketing, i personally don't trust them, but that's just my opinion.

There are other courses, thinkspace springs to mind.

I will check them out. I will say that I was relatively impressed with Marc Jovani's MIDI mockup recordings. So, my impression is that he has some chops.

The issue is whether this advertised course bundle (the "Power" not the Lite") really offers enough insight and instruction to be of value. If the "Power" bundle which supposedly has everything the "Pro" bundle has minus the review of your submitted compositions is decent than it may be worth $ 157 US.

I am off to check out Thinkspace Springs. Thank you again for responding!

Thanks,
Rawl

Top Bottom