What's new

Orchestral Tools up to 63% off - which one

Clearly, the should have edited this section a few weeks ago. But hey, until very recently that's exactly how they did it.

I personally don't blame them for adapting to a market that's changing really fast.

And on a side note I'm getting a bit tired of the constant whining of the "loyal customers" as soon as anything happens...

There's (shouldn,( be)no such thing as "loyal customers". Especially if one buys at introductory offer : it's not buying loyally but taking advantage of a lower price.

Considering this amazing offer, it's Native instruments induced, as Sonicouture explained a few months back. They couldn't get into the details though. I imagine NI cut the premium they ask dev and companies to get the Player Compatible option/licence, for starter.

I'm confident we're not going to see such insane bargains in the next future, like we saw with Sonokinetic or Sonicouture - though for OT or Sonokinetic, I cannot see how hundred of euros of unresalable products are such a good bargain but that's another story.

I want to take advantage of this deal! Would the string runs library be worth it if I already own cinestrings runs library?

Considering this amazing offer, it's Native instruments induced, as Sonicouture explained a few months back. They couldn't get into the details though. I imagine NI cut the premium they ask dev and companies to get the Player Compatible option/licence, for starter.

I haven't thought of that, but maybe thats also a possibility.
They did a 40% off with the main series, but they might have been able to go even further because of the license fee or whatever like you said.

I remember there was a similar deal for the Project SAM series where they teamed up with NI.

You either need a library now or you don't. After many impulse buys, I finally learned my lesson and that's the only reason I can think of for being an early adopter.

This is a business first and foremost, any "loyalty rewards" are part of a maketing strategy to get the most sales out of the initial release frenzy. All libraries, no exception, will be avaiable at a lower price at some point in the future.

Things have changed, we're way past 2005 and VSL monopoly. In 2019 even the small developer can change the game. Look at Performance Samples. Don't blame OT or anyone else for adapting to this new reality.

Solely focusing on costs may not reflect the real value of a product. I'm happy I've waited for the Arks bundle, but I'm also happy for buying Berlin stuff at full price and sure enough those libraries already paid themselves over and over again.

OK, this is what I expected. Great sales, good price.

I have bought all of Orchestral Tools Products during their sales in 2018, from Spring sales for all Berlin expansions, and November sales for Berlin Main Libraries, and now this December sales for almost the rest of all.

That's a lot of spending, but it's a great year to obtain the entire collection.

Please note, after I have placed my order, I found that The Orchestral Grands Piano is now a free Kontakt Player library and NKS-ready, it is no longer a KONTAKT Full library.

I believe NKS-ready special is the main reason for this OT sales in December, just like Soniccouture Collection sales earlier this year. So it does not occur very often I guess, seize the chance and carpe diem, everyone!

Could you point out where I could listen to those examples?
I don't have any kind of library of this type. (All-in-one type of library like Arks and Albions)
So I'm somewhat interested in this.

I've been watching the walkthroughs and the high strings don't sound convincing, but the low strings are really good. I like that grumpy sound. (same with the "dig shorts" featured in Spitfires strings. But Arks also have it in the sustains too)
But when I want that grumpy low strings sustain sound, I would want a good portamento/legato/slur sound with it.

EDITED: When I said "high strings" don't sound convincing, I was watching the Ark1 walk through. But the high strings in Ark2 sound beautiful.

https://vi-control.net/community/th...r-part-one-strings.76094/page-25#post-4309004

I believe NKS-ready special is the main reason for this OT sales in December, just like Soniccouture Collection sales earlier this year. So it does not occur very often I guess, seize the chance and carpe diem, everyone!

I don't quite understand what you mean. Hardly any of the OT libraries support NKS, in fact I think that the only ones that do are Time Macro and Inspire 2.....

I don't quite understand what you mean. Hardly any of the OT libraries support NKS, in fact I think that the only ones that do are Time Macro and Inspire 2.....

One could argue that it in fact takes such a big sale to hammer home that now they are NKS-ready. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to cut through the noise of other releases and sales. And to be honest, I don't even really know what NKS-ready means. Something with the lights on their keyboards maybe?

Well I already have all three Arks, Both Inspires, Time Macro, OSR & Symphonic Sphere, so unless they have updated all the other libraries without telling their existing customers, something doesn't seem right here.

I understood that they couldn't make CAPSULE compatible with NKS.

(And if they have managed this, and updated their libraries without notifying their existing customers - that's pretty poor.)

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/something-which-really-bugs-me-with-metropolis-ark.55917/

Last edited:
Please note, after I have placed my order, I found that The Orchestral Grands Piano is now a free Kontakt Player library and NKS-ready, it is no longer a KONTAKT Full library.

^^^ This.
NKS and Kontakt Player (library tab).
This is why NI runs the sale and probably charged OT a lower update premium.

Well I already have all three Arks, Both Inspires, Time Macro, OSR & Symphonic Sphere, so unless they have updated all the other libraries without telling their existing customers, something doesn't seem right here.

I understood that they couldn't make CAPSULE compatible with NKS.

(And if they have managed this, and updated their libraries without notifying their existing customers - that's pretty poor.)

Well, you're informed now and I'd imagine all you existing users will get a free update. If not I'd indeed flip my shit in your place. Maybe try entering your existing serial number in the continuata app? Is that how it was originally distributed? Or contact their support?

If that is the case, then I'm hoping that there will be a patch, rather than having to download all the samples again too.....

Top Bottom