What's new

Orchestral Tools up to 63% off - which one

I’m going to try and save for the ark bundle (as I primarily write trailer music). Definitely going get ark 1 no matter what...

I dont know the reason why it costs more but it costs more. I mean it has a higher price on OTs page too, so that is the reason. Why? Only Odin knows.:eek:

I'm sure it's all calculated. Since it's the "quiet" version they probably had to pay for a de-noise pass on the samples, not cheap with thousands of samples.

Could be the moment to get Symphonic Spheres. Anyone have it and love it, or don't use it at all? I'd like to know why.

Seems to be so much in there for the price, but the videos are so old (no capsule) and it now requires 5.8.1, I have to believe there have been a number of updates done.

Why OT? Make a new video for the current release! So strange to watch a video for a product that you KNOW is going to be different.

Wow, have orchestral tools been bought out by DFS..... ?

I dont know the reason why it costs more but it costs more. I mean it has a higher price on OTs page too, so that is the reason. Why? Only Odin knows.:eek:

I asked Odin (lovely chap), and he wasn't sure either. The BBC did, however, say it was because of Brexit - but then isn't everything ?

Last edited:
I own SF Brass, Strings, SCS, HZP, Wotan Choirs and few other libraries.

Will I benefit from anything in Met 1 or 3 that I can't already to in what I own? I was waiting to pick these libraries up but I'm curious if anyone thinks its worth getting if I already own and use a lot of Spitfire stuff. This sale seems really good.

Wow, have orchestral tools been bought out by DFS..... ?
Really don't understand what happens....
OT on sale once more ???
Just bought last week MA2 and inspire 1 ????
WTF ?????
And NO MA4 this year????
Are they stopping vst's ?????
So in love with my 3 arks....but man.....didn't see that coming.........
It's not possible......
Will pick up SSRuns.....

How is Orchestral Grands? I have Galaxy D and True Keys bundle (nice for solo work), but nothing recorded in a room with orchestral positioning, and I don't seem to obtain that "sound" just by throwing a reverb at it. Nearly all the rest of my template is in Teldex.

Really don't understand what happens....
OT on sale once more ???
Just bought last week MA2 and inspire 1 ????
WTF ?????
And NO MA4 this year????
Are they stopping vst's ?????
So in love with my 3 arks....but man.....didn't see that coming.........
It's not possible......
Will pick up SSRuns.....
Always funny to see the reactions from some people.

Native Instruments regularly have sales with companies when their products becomes NKS ready.

This time, it's with Orchestral Tools.

Why would they stop producing VST's? They recently released new products...

People are under the assumptions that there will be a new Ark product every year until the end of time. Either an MA4 is not ready, either it will stay a trilogy, which is still a great thing, or they might decide to release after the Native Instruments sale at mid-December...

Don't be overdramatic guys, it's just a sale after Black Friday...

Always funny to see the reactions from some people.

Native Instruments regularly have sales with companies when their products becomes NKS ready.

This time, it's with Orchestral Tools.

Why would they stop producing VST's? They recently released new products...

People are under the assumptions that there will be a new Ark product every year until the end of time. Either an MA4 is not ready, either it will stay a trilogy, which is still a great thing, or they might decide to release after the Native Instruments sale at mid-December...

Don't be overdramatic guys, it's just a sale after Black Friday...

Well, quite not exactly right, though Native does sales quite often, OT had in the past barely sales and also they had back then saying that they don´t do sales for whatever reason.

Hmm....I have all the Albions. Ark 1+2 or just Ark 3? Seems like Ark 1+2 has much more overlap with the Albions.

Well, quite not exactly right, though Native does sales quite often, OT had in the past barely sales and also they had back then saying that they don´t do sales for whatever reason.

Yeah that policy seems to have gone out the window what with the Berlin series and now this.

Still, there’s a lot more competition now than when a lot of these were originally released.

Wow, so nice when the sale is for stuff I don't own but kind of want. So the Inspire bundle or the Ark bundle. (Or Both?) If I got both, that might be my holiday budget.

I do own Tundra and Majestica, so Inspire might be better.... Time to go watch YouTube....

Seriously and without a hint of melodrama, this is a portent of the VI-apocalypse. Many people predicted it, well, now it's shifting gradually from prediction to reality. All of those "we don't like sales, our high prices assure high quality & exclusivity" promises just can't hold up anymore against all the competition that entered the market in the last 3 years. Just like EastWest a sampling generation ago, being forced into cutthroat sales for the Hollywood lineup by competition from Spitfire and OT.

And what about the new developers? I don't know how many more orchestral libraries can actually get off the ground. People won't invest in full orchestras - especially the winds and percussion - unless they already like and own the strings and brass... it's dumb but it's the reality... and the competition to sell strings and brass right now is vicious as hell. I'm worried for SoundIron's new orchestra (Hyperion) and Performance Samples (Con Moto). I think Wallbank's orchestra (Cinematic Studio) will still sell because it's designed and priced with a sort of built-in assumption of the apocalypse that's unfolding, and he hooked a lot of customers with the strings.

The message is loud and clear though. The days of selling a single orchestral department (especially strings or brass) for $500+, or single instruments for the equivalent add-it-up price, are over forever. Kind of amazing considering Hollywood Brass debuted not 8 years ago at $800.

The days of selling an orchestral group (especially strings or brass) for $500+, or single instruments for the equivalent add-it-up price, are over.

You may well be right but I’d be curious to know just how successful Afflatus has been so far with it’s quite premium price tag for what is essentially a strings library

You may well be right but I’d be curious to know just how successful Afflatus has been so far with it’s quite premium price tag for what is essentially a strings library

Both Afflatus and Synchron are in the way of the tsunami for sure.

Even though IMO Afflatus is some of the nicest string sampling in the last 2 years since CSS.

I wouldn't call either library "overpriced" (notice, that's a word I avoided in the previous post) because they have much more sample content than cheap libraries like Adventure Strings. It's not that they're too expensive, it's that the features which make them more expensive, are not pulling their weight in the competition with cheap "it only does one thing, but it gets it done" libraries. Hobbyist composers won't buy it because they don't need a Cadillac; pro composers won't buy it because they already have four Cadillacs.

Top Bottom