What's new

Orchestral Tools up to 63% off - which one

Always wondered about run libraries. I own Albion One, where string runs are included. But even here I'm having a hard time combining the run patches with the legato / sustain patches. Kinda sounds like they were recorded in a different way or with different instruments.
So, when you buy OSR, how do you even blend it together with libraries like e.g. CSS?
I see this is getting kinda offtopic. Sorry for that!

Could someone chime in and tell us how the existing customers will be treated regarding the NKS compatible updates (Arks in my case)? Thank you. I've done a quick run through this thread but haven't found anything.

Could someone chime in and tell us how the existing customers will be treated regarding the NKS compatible updates (Arks in my case)? Thank you. I've done a quick run through this thread but haven't found anything.
Doubt anyone knows yet, but I could be wrong

I just picked up the Ark bundle. I'd love to tell you how I like it, but MAN I've forgotten how much of a pain the Continuata downloader is on my machine. It pops a Visual C++ Runtime error every 5 minutes or so, and requires a restart. It'll eventually download and install everything but it needs a babysitter in the meantime.

I'll still take it over dongles though.

I just picked up the Ark bundle. I'd love to tell you how I like it, but MAN I've forgotten how much of a pain the Continuata downloader is on my machine. It pops a Visual C++ Runtime error every 5 minutes or so, and requires a restart. It'll eventually download and install everything but it needs a babysitter in the meantime.

I'll still take it over dongles though.

Can't you use direct download links and use a browser addon like down them all to shove all the download links into and have it work through them in a sensible fashion?

Just bought the Ark Bundle. CSS as well, I get an educational discount for that.
That was a hard one. But I guess, Christmas is near... and few libraries have such good repetition as these. They were on my watch list whatsoever.

I'm buying with emotions, and arguing with arguments, right? Help me! xD
No seriously, can't wait to try them out later. And in the next few days. Weeks. LOTS of stuff coming up.

Can't you use direct download links and use a browser addon like down them all to shove all the download links into and have it work through them in a sensible fashion?

Continuata does have a direct download option too. I'll likely do that for Ark II, but I've chugged it through most of Ark I already.

Two things:

1) I spent too much on Black Friday but holy hell, how can I pass this up. I love Ark 1 and I'm literally giddy that I'm getting 2 and 3 at this price.

2) As someone who has had an irrational love for all things NiN since 1990, I'm doing some serious fan-girling for posting on the same thread as Charlie Clouser.

I think thats a really good deal, but i'm a bit worried that the libraries are just too wet for my taste. I would estimate that the reverberation time is around 2s and even the close mics have plenty of room. Not really sure that they are good to mix with other libraries and wether you can achieve a sound which could be called upfront.

Thanks man. I was hovering over the "place order" button when I read your post. I might come in around the same time tomorrow to ask you to totally trash Inspire for me, ok?

Are you still going strong resisting the urge to buy?

Maybe try this little trick: go back to the store pages of the libraries that you bought in the past and listen to the sound demos and ask yourself if those libraries made your music sound the way you imagined before buying them.

I did that for the Symphony Series Brass, which is the part I'm least happy with in my collection, and makes me think I should maybe learn more about composition, orchestration and mastering instead of buying the Ark bundle... still tempted though.

Maybe try this little trick: go back to the store pages of the libraries that you bought in the past and listen to the sound demos and ask yourself if those libraries made your music sound the way you imagined before buying them.

I did that for the Symphony Series Brass, which is the part I'm least happy with in my collection, and makes me think I should maybe learn more about composition, orchestration and mastering instead of buying the Ark bundle... still tempted though.

I have the Symphony Series Brass and am still thinking this would add a lot of value. But Symphony series is really the only orchestral thing I have besides Time Macro. Symphony Series does sound good, though, and I completely agree with what you say about learning more about composition, orchestration, and mastering.

Ah, ambivalence, we meet again.

Just made my first tests with Ark 1 and 2.
First impression: HOLY MOLY that's a great sound. That choir is great in so many ways.
Second thing I realized is that there is LOTS of noise / artifacts included. Didn't noticed it when playing a note yet, but when you stop pressing a chord while having a string library loaded, there is lots of crackling going on. Yet I don't mind very much about that. It could even give a realisting feeling here and there.
So much more to see!

Just made my first tests with Ark 1 and 2.
First impression: HOLY MOLY that's a great sound. That choir is great in so many ways.
Second thing I realized is that there is LOTS of noise / artifacts included. Didn't noticed it when playing a note yet, but when you stop pressing a chord while having a string library loaded, there is lots of crackling going on. Yet I don't mind very much about that. It could even give a realisting feeling here and there.
So much more to see!
probably a pretty noob question, but if it's not when playing a note, it's not really noise from the sample, is it?

Yup, still hanging in there...

Excellent advice though! I wholeheartedly agree even though the VST junkie in me wants the Arks so bad it makes my eyebrows twitch!

I too have Symphony Series Brass (and all its rascal siblings... I got along reasonably well with the strings however, especially the long articulations).

I'm really tempted to get ... something here, but I think OT's product pages are a little lacklustre. The video on the Symphonic Sphere page, for instance, is just an update on what they're working on or were working on when the video was published, and the Ark videos just footage from the recording sessions?

Am I just spoilt by Spitfire's extensive videos that usually accompany a product release?

Anyway, I hear some really nice brass in the Ark 1 demos, but I don't know what exactly these libraries will add, when I've already got Symphobia 1+2, Spitfire Symphonic Strings (and the SS evos), all the Sonokinetic phrase thingies, Cinestrings/Brass/Perc Core (and since black friday also the '90s Trumpets), all Heavyocity perc libraries...

I don't really use any of the aforementioned libraries, mind you, I just like to fill up my hard drives with orchestral libraries while I make electronic dance music.

Am I just spoilt by Spitfire's extensive videos that usually accompany a product release?
Check their youtube channel, they have longer videos demonstrating some of the patches in each ark.

I too have Symphony Series Brass (and all its rascal siblings... I got along reasonably well with the strings however, especially the long articulations).
Yes, and I like that they have divisi sections. I know I'd miss that in the Ark strings. I'd rather have divisi than octave doubled strings recorded in non-traditional setups. Compared to what I'm used to I think how stuff in the Arks is organized would confuse/annoy me.

I don't really use any of the aforementioned libraries, mind you, I just like to fill up my hard drives with orchestral libraries while I make electronic dance music.
I had a good laugh when I read that :D.

Top Bottom