What's new

Orchestral Tools TIME micro - BLANK PAGE Special added!

4 days later i am on 97%...after downloading all files the installer re downloaded part 5 now it's downloading part 19.

4 days later i am on 97%...after downloading all files the installer re downloaded part 5 now it's downloading part 19.
That is horrible... a taut string and two cans can pass data faster than you're getting...

Sounds to me more like a network connection/quality issue than the app.

Anyone have any luck with Poly KS option? Specifically the CC Xfade? I've assigned a cc to Xfade/Velocity Mode control in the mappings, but it's not morphing between the two keyswitch layers. Interestingly, this control DOES work when using the CC Xfade 2D setting (crossfades in the vertical direction), but not when using CC Xfade...

Despite some wrinkles getting it up and running plus a couple of bugs I ran into, this library sounds great. I sat on the fence on this one, due to the fact that I already have some textural strings/winds stuff from Spitfire, but I'm glad I picked it up with intro price at the last minute. Lots of inspiring content, I think it will make me happy.

Averaged 3-4 g kept stopping and re-downloading so yes not enjoyable to say the least!
Seems to be complete now....I didn’t have this with Ark 1,2,3...off to a Botanical garden but so looking forward to trying it out out as soon as I get back ;)
That is horrible... a taut string and two cans can pass data faster than you're getting...

Sounds to me more like a network connection/quality issue than the app.

Anyone have any luck with Poly KS option? Specifically the CC Xfade? I've assigned a cc to Xfade/Velocity Mode control in the mappings, but it's not morphing between the two keyswitch layers. Interestingly, this control DOES work when using the CC Xfade 2D setting (crossfades in the vertical direction), but not when using CC Xfade...

Despite some wrinkles getting it up and running plus a couple of bugs I ran into, this library sounds great. I sat on the fence on this one, due to the fact that I already have some textural strings/winds stuff from Spitfire, but I'm glad I picked it up with intro price at the last minute. Lots of inspiring content, I think it will make me happy.
I'm not in front my computer, but 2D and 4D are for Xfading, the first two options are for switching only as far as I remember.

Continuata dl/install went smoothly for me (other than running out of disk space but that was my fault!).
I'm not in front my computer, but 2D and 4D are for Xfading, the first two options are for switching only as far as I remember.

Yes. I’m aware the first two are for switching. The 2D xfade (4 articulations) works fine with the CC (although it only appears to love it in the y direction, and I’m not clear how to assign the x, and the mapping page is unclear...) But 1D (2 articulations) does not for me. Does it work for you?

Edit: think I got it sorted. The cc is in the multi artic settings page of the mapping tab.

Edit: .... except that in some patches it seems to magically turn off the switch that enables the cc as soon as you move away from the mapping page. Cool feature, but buggy... I’m probably better off blending the articulations with Ableton racks. Oh well.

Last edited:
Is there documentation anywhere showing what sounds were layered to make the instruments in 01. Time Orchestra folder? Would like to know how these are broken down as there are sometimes elements that I would like to get rid of, but of course it being a single patch I cannot.

Also must admit that with these patches in the "Time orchestra" folder, I'm disappointed most of them only have one microphone position. Any chance of getting more microphone positions for these patches in an update?

Last edited:
beautifully recorded. id really love if OT did a strings library of this size using these sounds but with traditional full articulation sets. it is beautiful stuff for sure.

Also must admit that with these patches in the "Time orchestra" folder, I'm disappointed most of them only have one microphone position. Any chance of getting more microphone positions for these patches in an update?

I imagine the single microphone is because these are warped samples taken from a mic mix of the original material. They'd have to somehow apply all of the same effects in different passes to different microphone outputs, making a real mess to deal with.

Is there documentation anywhere showing what sounds were layered to make the instruments in 01. Time Orchestra folder? Would like to know how these are broken down as there are sometimes elements that I would like to get rid of, but of course it being a single patch I cannot.

May I ask what you mean by one single microphone position?
With each one of these patches you get your usual Close / Tree / Ab & Surround mics, so I'm a bit confused by your concern.

May I ask what you mean by one single microphone position?
With each one of these patches you get your usual Close / Tree / Ab & Surround mics, so I'm a bit confused by your concern.
I didn't even think to check. :) You're absolutely right.

Load the following:
Single instruments -> 01. Time orchestra folder. If you open 01. Golden Steelwork, and click on the mics tab in kontakt, it shows all 4 mics (Close, AB, Tree SRND). Now open 02. Wildelife Awakens, and its a single mic (Tree). If you keep loading these patches, the exception is having multiple mics, most are single tree mic. This is my concern.

Load the following:
Single instruments -> 01. Time orchestra folder. If you open 01. Golden Steelwork, and click on the mics tab in kontakt, it shows all 4 mics (Close, AB, Tree SRND). Now open 02. Wildelife Awakens, and its a single mic (Tree). If you keep loading these patches, the exception is having multiple mics, most are single tree mic. This is my concern.

You have to click on the mic names to switch them on/off :)

THANK YOU!!! As you can tell I'm not use to Orchestral Tools products, lol :) Hopefully there are many more in my future.

p.s. how did you make that gif? Very helpful!

Yeah, I went and checked this morning, and it looks like OT just pre-chose some ideal mic configurations on them that differ!

Practical question:
How do you route the Time Orchestra patches in your template? I mean to which (sub)stems?

Top Bottom