What's new

Orchestral Tools TIME micro - BLANK PAGE Special added!

I usually don't have problems with downloads. The last time I had this kind of behavior was during the Christmas sales trying to download Sonokinetic stuff. Painfull experience. I expect the download to take quite a while, but if Continuata crashes just after I go to bed, it will take 8 hours before I click Resume again.

A question for those who already use Time Micro.

I have a few cracks in the patch mermaid lagoon. I'm not sure if it's a loop crack.
And the Bass Ensemble Staccato TM swallows notes, and is hardly playable.
The cpu is totally relaxed.

Has anyone noticed anything similar?

Edit: The answer is mentioned in the manual:

"Also the TM algorithm sometimes creates noises and can cause loops to pop. This is because Kontakt does not allow sample crossfades when TM is used. This is a limitation by NI and we hope they will address it.

Again - only use the TM patches if you need the TM function.

Please note that Kontakt has a 32 voice limit for Time Machine. Avoid playing lots of notes simultaneously with the TM patches, otherwise you will very likely experience cut or dropped notes."

From time to time it is nevertheless good to look into a manual ... :whistling:

Last edited:
I usually don't have problems with downloads. The last time I had this kind of behavior was during the Christmas sales trying to download Sonokinetic stuff. Painfull experience. I expect the download to take quite a while, but if Continuata crashes just after I go to bed, it will take 8 hours before I click Resume again.

Funny you mention it,I tried downloading Sonokinetics Woodwind Ensembles around the Holiday's multiple times without success,it was so painful I gave up.I will have to try again.
I have Ark 1,2 & 3,Time Macro and have always had problems with the OT installs.
I have libraries from too many companies,just about the only ones that always seem to be painful for me use Continuata.
I'm holding off on Micro for now(no funds at the moment,sadly because it sounds amazing!)but having to deal w/Continuata with the installation makes the decision to hold off a bit easier. lol

Last edited:

I have a few cracks in the patch mermaid lagoon. I'm not sure if it's a loop crack.

Your description is a bit vague, but I don't hear anything obvious on mermaid lagoon. I tried it both soft and loud and at various points on the keyboard. There does seem to be something a bit funky with the Bass Ensemble Staccato TM with notes not always sounding when a key is depressed, even when I have the modwheel up and velocity maxed.

I hope OT is moving to something else soon. If not then I hope they can increase speeds for the manual links and provide instructions for a manual installation (100% sans Connect)

The manual links come directly from the server, bypassing Connect completely. Some internet providers see them as illegal filesharing, though (mine, for example) and throttle speed.

We have instructions for a manual installation in the Installation Guide (linked to in the download email):
https://helpdesk.orchestraltools.com/ig_extraction.html

After 36 hours of download using Continuata, I'm still stuck at 55%... At that point, can I ask for a set of DVDs, or a Hard Drive sent at my address?... It's crashing all the time.

After 36 hours of download using Continuata, I'm still stuck at 55%... At that point, can I ask for a set of DVDs, or a Hard Drive sent at my address?... It's crashing all the time.

It sounds as if it actually already downloaded the files 100 times over, but restarts after failing to install them. Please check the settings, is "download/install mode" set to "download & install"? If so, change it to "download only". Just let the damn thing download the files, then select all objects and unpack them into a folder manually.

It sounds as if it actually already downloaded the files 100 times over, but restarts after failing to install them. Please check the settings, is "download/install mode" set to "download & install"? If so, change it to "download only". Just let the damn thing download the files, then select all objects and unpack them into a folder manually.

That's what I do with Continuata too. It's buggy on any machine I've ever used it on, and this exact problem has happened to me several times now. I find it faster to unpack with other software anyway. Oh, also be sure the settings don't delete the download after the install

This time around it only crashed once and resumed the download after restarting Connect (whew).

For me Continuata worked fine until a few weeks ago. Since then it does not unpack the zip files correctly and restarts unpacking again and again. Probably a Windows 10 update issue? I have no idea. Downloading works fine though.

There were a couple of them if I held them long enough I would hear the looping. The problem was there would be an obvious note at the end or beginning, not sure which, that didn't work so well in the loop. But not all notes in the patches, usually somewhere in the middle around C3? I think it depends on the instruments? The lower stuff sounded good. The higher stuff was sometimes squeaky for me. This is just in the patches. Overall, I like it and think I can do a lot with it.

For me Continuata worked fine until a few weeks ago. Since then it does not unpack the zip files correctly and restarts unpacking again and again. Probably a Windows 10 update issue? I have no idea. Downloading works fine though.
I always just download. Then unzip with 7zip. Figure out the setup from the website. Or really? It is standard for them all. Just make sure you unpack the capsule and run the TM installer.

I confirm, Continuata is painful and has always been painful from my experience with any company: Mac (macbook pro or imac pro any OS).

I'm not convinced it a W10 problem. I haven't had a single issue with Continuata over the last many years but recently (mind you, my system hasn't changed!) the last few installations have been really bad on the Mac. (like you) it downloads fine but gets stuck in installing). I'm thinking of just using it to download only.

I'm not convinced it a W10 problem. I haven't had a single issue with Continuata over the last many years but recently (mind you, my system hasn't changed!) the last few installations have been really bad on the Mac. (like you) it downloads fine but gets stuck in installing). I'm thinking of just using it to download only.
I see. Well, whatever it is... I'm in download only mode now 🙂

I gave up on Continuata during the download (30% after 11 hours of babysitting the download on MAC OS). The manual download/unpacking worked much better for me. My very first impression is that the library is fantastic and that it is absolutely crazy what you can do (Modwheel) with one patch alone.

I'm still using a version of Connect from January 2016 and every time I see these sort of posts I'm wondering if it has something to do with any possible updates of that software. I've never had any problems with it- not earlier, not with Time Micro. (I'm running Win7, though.)

Top Bottom