What's new

Orchestral Tools TIME micro - BLANK PAGE Special added!

Really looking forward to downloading OT libraries with their download method instead of Connect. It's crashed for me so often and I think corrupted some of my OT libraries in the past. Or if Connect would just find some time and resources to debug the issues and issue an update, that would be nice. I had tried to ask Connect support over email a few years ago, they acknowledged the crashing issues and said a fix was coming soon but it never came.

I'm very excited about this library. I'll share online if I have some spare time to tinker with it.

Could anyone post a screen shot of the folder structure. Connect crashed during installation and when I manually added things together I think I messed something up. Patches load okay but the capsule interface is not working.
Could anyone post a screen shot of the folder structure. Connect crashed during installation and when I manually added things together I think I messed something up. Patches load okay but the capsule interface is not working.
Never mind. thanks to the next entry - figured it out.

Never mind. thanks to the next entry - figured it out.

Not so 'uncool' to have the folder structure as you initially asked. Target disc was barely over-committed and cannot figure how to 'reinstall'. Download is OK but TMI Win Installer.exe does nothing (now).

Finally downloaded and installed! Lots of content. Other than testing it a bit and seeing that it does indeed sound great, I don't have much to say yet, and won't be in a position to look at it really in depth until Friday.

If you own Time Macro as well, please do yourself a favour and play Macro and Micro together using one of the sustain patches.

Hi Chris, you own Ark 4, too, right? Do you have any thoughts about whether Time Micro would work well with it? I'm imagining that actually orchestrating the two together (instead of just layering) may work really well because of the chamber sized patches in both.

I don't own Ark 4... yet. Looking for an excuse, though.

A lot to dig in! Only less than 5 patches I played with , and already fall in love with the 03.Oceanic State in the Time Orchestra. Close the eye, MW+play = ocean is right there! Love that vivid sound!

Initial impressions: the individual instruments are great, better and more varied than Time Macro. Some really great sounds here, very inspiring, and as @ChrisSiuMusic notes the combination of longs between Micro and Micro is quite nice. But I find many of the combined, sound designy patches under Time Orchestra and Altered Time harder to use and place than was the case for the similar patches in Time Macro, at least on just a quick playthrough. The crossover points on the modwheel in general feel much bumpier. We'll see if that gets better as I use the library...

I've only been going through the multi instrument patches but I'm very impressed so far. This libary aside from subtle underscoring is perfect for those expansive shimmery orchestral textures that you hear in sci fi, ligeti etc (for which you need lots of solo instruments with some motion happening)... great stuff!

Hi!
You can always find Folder Structures of all our collection on our Helpdesk:
https://helpdesk.orchestraltools.com/hd_folder_structures.html
best

Tobias

Wow! and I thought Time Macro was good but Micro is on a whole new level of shimmer... a more intimate sound. I find it even more usable. The clockwork stuff here really stands out. It'll blend well with Ark 4 too.
I was gonna pass on this since I have so many other libraries but now I'm glad I didn't. The price is well worth what you get at the very generous intro offer. A lot of material and the most fun I've had with sample library for quite some time. No regrets here OT! Thank you!

The crossover points on the modwheel in general feel much bumpier. We'll see if that gets better as I use the library...
I would increase the number of voices in Kontakt first, because the TM patches can increase the number of voices massively, that sounded strange at first.

Top Bottom