What's new

Orchestral Tools TIME micro - BLANK PAGE Special added!

For me it’s about trust. So far I have not been disappointed by anything I bought from OT and all I bought on pre-order turned out as expected.

The teasers give a clear indication on what the release will be and the detailed articulation pdfs including round robbin info is spot on.

If one day this formula will change I might have to reconsider. But for now they have my trust.

All respect to the teasers - they're beautiful and intriguing. But very, very far a clear depiction of what the library will be.

The walkthoughs on the other had, are much more comprehensive and informative.

OT is perfectly entitled to market a product how they want.

Absolutely. And from the OT FAQ:

https://www.helpdesk.orchestraltools.com/hd_sales_and_discounts.html
" reward bravery when purchasing a recently released collection, we always have Introductory Pricing for all new collections. From time to time we will have special deals on specific collections or lines, often as some sort of "Theme".
Sometimes, we will also have Pre-Order Pricing in effect until a new collection is released. This serves as an additional thank you for users that trust us to deliver a great product on time."

We have it perfectly transparently stated that this preorder discount is explicitly rewarding punters willing to trust the company and buy a product based only on the pre-release marketing - ie. without a single user review. Insist on waiting for even a single user review, and it will cost you another 50 euros or so.

Nothing wrong with that marketing strategy, OT is surely entitled to approach marketing like this, and OT is surely also among the most trustworthy sample companies there is. Still, these Time libraries are inherently risky, just because anything innovative inherently and necessarily involves risk.

So this kind of 'luck dip' marketing is totally something that OT is free to do, but also we're equally free to dislike.

And OT ever does put out a genuinely bad library (though I wouldn't hold your breath for that), I predate we'll be hearing a lot more about how much people dislike 'lucky dip' style market. (Seriously, though don't hold your breath for a genuinely bad OT library, that sounds dangerous).

Still a week to go. No real need to commit until then. Yet as User of Time Macro, and several other OT libraries, this is a certain purchase.
Time Micro is a pleasant surprise, as there is surely massive effort, behind the scenes, given announced changes progressing with OT's unfailing commitment to coherence and quality.

Another cool Metroplis ARK promo would be most welcome soon ... to allow catch-up before major announcements ! Still missing a couple :blush:

Fair point. Love their sounds, hate the way they do business. In the end, I'll vote with my dollars.

Seems folks here are happy enough buying with the info currently available. Who am I to ask for more details.
As I pointed out AGAIN in our private communication, OT ALWAYS provides a more detailed walkthrough BEFORE the deadline...

And, in my public post, I pointed out that this FIRST glimpse is sufficient to begin ratholing sufficient duckets to grab what I assume will be another amazing new tool, expanding on their already EXCELLENT foray into eclectic orchestrals (Time Macro).

I already plan on getting it, pursuant to a convincing walkthrough, so I'm eating out of my freezer for the next week! However, for those more risk adverse, you can always wait for the next round ("Time Nano"?) when they'll likely have a deal on Macro & Micro (like they've done on the ARKs) or just pay the premium $50 for the extended intro offer after release!

This is their evolving model... it's unique to OT and kinda cool! $199 seems a steal compaired to other libraries I've acquired over the years that fall into this realm... and i TRUELY appreciate the opportunity and plethora of choices they afford us struggling artists...

Different companies take different approaches to marketing their creations. While we may not all agree on specific approaches, the important thing is the quality of their products and reasonableness in pricing. For years I shied away from OT because they just cost too darn much but in the past few years they've become a bargain in the field without losing their stellar quality.

If I don't like the walkthrough, I'll pass and have extra funds for something else...but I'll lose a few pounds in the meantime!🤣

Last edited:
As I pointed out AGAIN in our private communication, OT ALWAYS provides a more detailed walkthrough BEFORE the deadline...

And, in my public post, I pointed out that this FIRST glimpse is sufficient to begin ratholing sufficient duckets to grab what I assume will be another amazing new tool, expanding on their already EXCELLENT foray into eclectic orchestrals (Time Macro).

I already plan on getting it, pursuant to a convincing walkthrough, so I'm eating out of my freezer for the next week! However, for those more risk adverse, you can always wait for the next round ("Time Nano"?) when they'll likely have a deal on Macro & Micro (like they've done on the ARKs) or just pay the premium $50 for the extended intro offer after release!

This is their evolving model... it's unique to OT and kinda cool! $199 seems a steal compaired to other libraries I've acquired over the years that fall into this realm... and i TRUELY appreciate the opportunity and plethora of choices they afford us struggling artists... Thanks, OT!
That's nice. Better get back to ratholing those duckets Vastman.

I was referring to the blackout period where there's no third-party opinions/vetting/walkthroughs during pre-order.

Last edited:
that harp/celeste/mandolin sounds superb :crying: this is not a library for me, and since I've staved the temptation for time macro, I think ill make it to the finish line with my wallet intact.

Mainly because I just dont do atmospheric/soundscapy stuff. :mad:

I really like the sounds from the Screencast, am I sensible in thinking of getting this to compliment my recent purchase of Nucleus ?

Top Bottom