What's new

Orchestral Tools - The [email protected] Pictures

"THE SECRET OF CHANGE
IS TO FOCUS YOUR ENERGY
NOT FIGHTING THE OLD,
BUT BUILDING THE NEW."

On THE EVENT we will showcase our vision for the next frontier of music making. THE EVENT will include groundbreaking technological announcements, conversations on the craft of making music, along with some special surprises.

As our special guest, we welcome the esteemed Tom Holkenborg aka Junkie XL - who's scored films Mad Max: Fury Road, Deadpool, Batman v Superman, the upcoming Alita: Battle Angel and many more.

See what's in store for our vision of the future of music making!

Watch the Live Stream of THE EVENT!
January 22, 2019 / 11 AM (PST)
on facebook.com/orchestraltools

zimm83

"THE SECRET OF CHANGE
IS TO FOCUS YOUR ENERGY
NOT FIGHTING THE OLD,
BUT BUILDING THE NEW."

On THE EVENT we will showcase our vision for the next frontier of music making. THE EVENT will include groundbreaking technological announcements, conversations on the craft of making music, along with some special surprises.

As our special guest, we welcome the esteemed Tom Holkenborg aka Junkie XL - who's scored films Mad Max: Fury Road, Deadpool, Batman v Superman, the upcoming Alita: Battle Angel and many more.

See what's in store for our vision of the future of music making!

Watch the Live Stream of THE EVENT!
January 22, 2019 / 11 AM (PST)
on facebook.com/orchestraltools
Great idea the livestream.
Thanks.
Is this a collaboration with JXL on a new library?
Or a presentation of a new production line.....
We will see.
Technological announcements.....Capsule 3.0..?
OT expanding in the States?

2019 starts great !

C-Wave

Great idea the livestream.
Thanks.
Is this a collaboration with JXL on a new library?
Or a presentation of a new production line.....
We will see.
Technological announcements.....Capsule 3.0..?
OT expanding in the States?

2019 starts great !
Abandoning customers with original products unless they pay a hefty upgrade price?.. giving them a very short time frame to coerce them into buying into the new line before discovering that quality comtrol sucks... again? let’s see!

muziksculp

Hi,

I'm very excited, and looking forward to attend the the upcoming event on Tuesday, Jan 22nd. :)

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Geoff Grace

Here's a summary I put together for those who may have missed the presentation:

Orchestral Tools has created a free Orchestral Tools Sample Player, in conjunction with Axel Hartmann. Features include Auto Volume Scaling to enable legato transition and release samples to blend better, High Res Resampler, Mic Position Merging, Core Implemented Legato, and Advanced Articulation Management. Libraries will continue to be available in Kontakt format as well.

The new sample player will debut with the release of a free instrument called "Layers: Studio Ensembles," using small ensembles structured in layers of different kinds, such as mixed timbres and chords.

Customers will also have a wider choice in pricing structure with the availability of bundle pricing and à la carte pricing for individual mic positions, instruments, and articulations.

In addition, Orchestral Tools announced Junkie XL Brass to be developed with composer Tom Holkenborg, who promises a larger than life sound. The company also announced LA Sessions: Songwriter Instruments, a collection of pop instruments recorded at United Recording, in Studio B. The instruments include Studio Strings, Electric Guitar, Gospel Choir, Acoustic Guitar, Drum Set, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, and Electric Bass.

Best,

Geoff

C-Wave

Two things I was hoping good old hendrik would say in his presentation:
1. Ok, the new player software is for free. Is importing existing libraries to the new software free as well?.. very bad experience with VSL playing this trick already, and i know hendrik likes to take cues from competition.
2. He said everything about the new player, including that merging discrete channels into one mix takes more time than what the video shows; nice touch, except for the plyer’s ram footprint. Hope that wasn’t just a memory lapse on Hendirk’s side (pun intended).
Anyway, more than happy to test it in my studio myself, in due time.

Last edited:

Nmargiotta

Composer TV and Advertisement
Incredible presentation thank you @OrchestralTools
Super excited for the new payment structure, purchasing individual instruments is AMAZING! Wow! I’ve never been so excited for an online store.

muziksculp

Hi,

I had a great time at the OT-Paramount event today. Lots of new, and exciting developments, and products will be coming our way from OT. New Sample Player, and Libraries, and very flexible way to purchase individual instruments from their libraries, and much more.

A big Thank You to the OT Team for their great vision, and efforts to make a big leap forward in improving our composing tools. Bravo !

Q. Will all the current Kontakt based Berlin series OT libraries be ported to the new OT Sample Player ? i.e. Berlin Series libraries (Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, Perc.) ? If Yes, when can we expect them to be available for the new OT-Sample Engine ?

Here are some pics from the Paramount Event today.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Top Bottom