What's new

Orchestral Tools - SINE Player - new update available—version 1.0.5

Short demonstration on why having microphones is useful.

I use a short example where I take a reference mix, and sculpt the sound I want - starting first with the position in 3d space - followed by the blend of close mics that best match the tone and clarity that I need - before blending the "close" blend back into the mix.

im not handy with keyswitching - and I kind of just played random stuff, but you get the point.

is that Jedi fallen order by any chance? Really sounds like the main theme!

is that Jedi fallen order by any chance? Really sounds like the main theme!
haven't played it - the reference I used at the start was from the last jedi OST. everything else was my hands doing random stuff, while I completely failed to play a pattern of keyswitches that made any sense phrase wise XD

I track everything with either a sustain patch or a staccato patch and add the key switches after.

it actually goes softer and louder than berlin mostly with the exception of the trumpets. I know I can make a mic mix and tweak the trumpets to my liking, but it'll be the most effort to get the sound I want - but I think most of it comes from the attack that I don't like.

I could play around with it and a really "Hollywood" sounding setup all day.

heres some improv with some LASS + berlin strings layered and a4 horns.
you'll hear what I mean by soft AND power - and I completely disable the "dynamic range" that's artificially added.

Wow it really does sound great. I was worried it was gonna be great at the loud and suck on the quiet side. Does seem like an amazing all round brass library. Seems like if you get JXL brass there very little you'd need berlin for then.

Wow it really does sound great. I was worried it was gonna be great at the loud and suck on the quiet side. Does seem like an amazing all round brass library. Seems like if you get JXL brass there very little you'd need berlin for then.
berlin still has individual players, and more articulations.

on the "JXL brass?" thread I actually linked an example using berlin trumpet ensemble + JXL 4horns.

I've been back and forth between BWW legacy and BWW revive, as well as between all berlin strings, or a LASS berlin hybrid.

I think the larger section sizes sound much more appropriate with JXLB - but if I use the lass layering with custom berlin multis I also am limited by the lowest common denominator when it comes to articulations(LASS has a very small amount in comparison). That said, divisi always sounded gorgeous to me. Truth be told, if I could just download it instead of have to get some harddrive, I'd try HWS diamond to pair with BS instead of LASS.

You can be sure, as soon as Berlin brass is loaded into SINE, I'll probably just layer them - since you can set up nearly identical articulations anyways.

Do we know if there will be an upgrade path from individual instruments to the full library (with a discount because you already have some of the content)?
If there is: all the calculations above are invalid because noone would ever buy all instruments individually but upgrade to the bundle as soon as a certain discount is reached.

The first one having bought an individual instrument could possibly check that and report back here :)

Do we know if there will be an upgrade path from individual instruments to the full library (with a discount because you already have some of the content)?
If there is: all the calculations above are invalid because noone would ever buy all instruments individually but upgrade to the bundle as soon as a certain discount is reached.

The first one having bought an individual instrument could possibly check that and report back here :)
I emailed them so we'll see. Not sure why they wouldn't write this up somewhere.

I've asked about this twice in the various threads and haven't yet got a reply.

Hey guys,

Junkie XL is doing a LIVE Q&A from our booth at NAMM in 1 hour!

Make sure you tune in and catch it on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/orchestraltools

Remember, if you run into any issues please contact our dedicated support team at [email protected]. We're also working on a new update for SINE–we'll keep you posted on when it will be available.

Best,

OT

So I got a reply from OT.

Buying individually and then upgraded to the full porduct WILL cost more than buying as one. Which is obviously a little annoying.

So I got a reply from OT.

Buying individually and then upgraded to the full porduct WILL cost more than buying as one. Which is obviously a little annoying.

that's exactly how it works 90% of the time with any product.

otherwise there would be no reason to buy the bundle in the first place - you could just buy what you need and upgrade later.

that's exactly how it works 90% of the time with any product.

otherwise there would be no reason to buy the bundle in the first place - you could just buy what you need and upgrade later.

I wouldn't say that at all. I bought 3 soundtoys plugins and then upgraded to the rest and that actually cost less than the whole bundle. Synthmaster have a great upgrade plan just like this. I think what you are talking about is, for example, buying Fab filter Q3, and then upgrading to a whole bundle. obviously most people aren't going to give you the full rpice of Q3 off the bundle price. But this is a product that has been divided up, you aren't bundling products together.

If you eamil devs they will usually honour the same price you paid to upgrade to the full library. Look at the new Audio Imperia Nucleus Lite which ahs done just this.

I get that you charge extra for individual parts, obivously, but charging extra for an upgrade punish people who don't want to pay for it all in one go defeats half the point of an a la Carte system.

I wouldn't say that at all. I bought 3 soundtoys plugins and then upgraded to the rest and that actually cost less than the whole bundle. Synthmaster have a great upgrade plan just like this. I think what you are talking about is, for example, buying Fab filter Q3, and then upgrading to a whole bundle. obviously most people aren't going to give you the full rpice of Q3 off the bundle price. But this is a product that has been divided up, you aren't bundling products together.

If you eamil devs they will usually honour the same price you paid to upgrade to the full library. Look at the new Audio Imperia Nucleus Lite which ahs done just this.

I get that you charge extra for individual parts, obivously, but charging extra for an upgrade punish people who don't want to pay for it all in one go defeats half the point of an a la Carte system.
that doesn't defeat the point of a la carte at all.

it's a la carte, not a payment plan... "punish the people who don't want to pay for it all in one go" has nothing to do with that pricing format. Have you ever went to a restraint and pulled out the a la carte section and said "I'd like the steamed asparagus... I eventually want the steak dinner, but I'll buy the side of asparagus and baked potato I'll buy tomorrow. Then I assume you'll let me pay the difference for the steak on Thursday."

OT has still become affordable to buy pieces at a time.

that doesn't defeat the point of a la carte at all.

it's a la carte, not a payment plan... "punish the people who don't want to pay for it all in one go" has nothing to do with that pricing format. Have you ever went to a restraint and pulled out the a la carte section and said "I'd like the steamed asparagus... I eventually want the steak dinner, but I'll buy the side of asparagus and baked potato I'll buy tomorrow. Then I assume you'll let me pay the difference for the steak on Thursday."

OT has still become affordable to buy pieces at a time.
I didn't say it defeats the point. I said it defeats half the point. And yes, half the point is so that you don't have to pay the full price in one go. thats quite obvious, and was said in promtion and interviews. (granted, I think when JXL said on a live stream it would be no more expensive he probably didn't mean to say it or things changed since. After all, he is not an employee of OT)

A la carte is just a marketing name, don't take it so literally. A la carte, at least in the traditinally high-end restaurant sense, never expects you to buy anything less. It is a more expenive option that gives you more choice, but its not a way for you to avoid a 5 course meal. especailly if you want to compare OT to a luxry brand. The whole point of a la carte is that mixes menus, and would be like taking trumpets from berlin, and celli from inspire etc...

This buying scheme is like ordering half the compoents of a meal.

Anyone here knows whether or not (or if) you get those 2 OT Vouchers when you bought BOI/BOI 2 during the Native Instruments sale last year (so not bought via OTs site directly)?
Because they can also be applied on Pre-Order sales, and a 100€ off the already 20% discounted JXL Brass would make it much more appealing...

idk
Anyone here knows whether or not (or if) you get those 2 OT Vouchers when you bought BOI/BOI 2 during the Native Instruments sale last year (so not bought via OTs site directly)?
Because they can also be applied on Pre-Order sales, and a 100€ off the already 20% discounted JXL Brass would make it much more appealing...

I still don't own inspires, but that's definitely useful to know

As far as I know, you don't get these vouchers when buying the Inspires from Native Instruments sale.

Top Bottom