What's new

Orchestral Tools - SINE Player - new update available—version 1.0.5

idk but based on the videos seems like it's pretty standard on ram, which is impressive given the dynamic layers

the single mic(combined with the savings from kontakt scripts eating tons of ram) sounds superb.

oddly I think i'd rather BWW "sined" up first - since I use all the expansions - but i might just use it to save on ram and make due without for a bit

Yes, based on the 2nd SINE video...
Cool ! Their new player is going to breath new life into these libraries. I'm particularly interested in being able to bounce a 3-4 mic mix down to stereo for Berlin Brass + expansions.

It'll be interesting to discover their pricing for individual instruments from their earlier collections.

Also hoping a totally new Woodwind library isn't too far out...

Cool ! Their new player is going to breath new life into these libraries. I'm particularly interested in being able to bounce a 3-4 mic mix down to stereo for Berlin Brass + expansions.

It'll be interesting to discover their pricing for individual instruments from their earlier collections.

Also hoping a totally new Woodwind library isn't too far out...
I'm also excited about the developments.
So far I only have a few OT libraries (OSR, Pianos, Time macro, Inspire 1, Berlin Strings exp 2) but that will change.
The conception and the work they have done is outstanding.

Download alacarte doesn't mean you can purchase the instrument separately. You still have to buy the entire library like as it is previously but instead of downloading the entire library, you can just download the mic you wanna use for each instrument. I believe that's how the marketing ggoes

Download alacarte doesn't mean you can purchase the instrument separately. You still have to buy the entire library like as it is previously but instead of downloading the entire library, you can just download the mic you wanna use for each instrument. I believe that's how the marketing ggoes

I don't believe that's the case, im pretty sure you can buy the individual instruments(just not individual mics)

I believe this was the original plan, maybe they pulled out on it?

Last edited:

But in this case that's exactly what they shown - that you can buy individual parts of libs. Unless someone has suggested it, I don't see a reason to think this has been pulled.

per instrument.jpg

I emailed OT recently and got this reply

"you will indeed be able to purchase individual instruments in the shop, but not individual mic positions.
You always buy all mic positions of a given instrument, but you can choose to not install all of them."

So it seems that you will indeed be able to purchase single instruments from each library, which is great when you're on a budget or just need something specific

I emailed OT recently and got this reply

"you will indeed be able to purchase individual instruments in the shop, but not individual mic positions.
You always buy all mic positions of a given instrument, but you can choose to not install all of them."

So it seems that you will indeed be able to purchase single instruments from each library, which is great when you're on a budget or just need something specific

That's a relief to hear. I cant wait go grab a few

It's been established that we can buy individual instruments as per their video.
However, it still remains unclear if JXL will be part of this. As the video says "many of our collections are available..." not all. That might be just wording, or it may be concrete... who knows?

Be much easier if OT actually dropped in to clarify. @OrchestralTools is JXL available to download per instrument on release day?

Switching articulations is one thing.
Merging, stacking and crossfading them is another!

Episode 5 of our SINE video series dives into Polymaps, so you can see for yourself the possibilities SINE opens up.

We’ve been reading all your comments here and on Facebook and YouTube so will try to answer some here.
But also don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and be the first to watch the next/penultimate episode of our SINE series.
Just to answer some of your questions:

Single Instruments will be available really soon, but not with the release of Junkie XL Brass on the 16th Dec.
You can install SINE on 3 different machines!
Other OT libraries will be added to SINE over the next few months. We’ll let you know as soon as they’re available. SINE is really going to transform what you can do with those libraries.
Junkie XL Brass comes with Download a-la-carte, and when we add our other libraries to SINE this will then be available with them too.

Also more walkthroughs of Junkie XL Brass are coming very soon as we also bring our SINE video series to an end

Thanks so much for your comments guys, if you have any questions please comment we are working on something to answer all your questions so keep ‘em coming!!

Thanks,

The OT Team

www.getsine.com

Switching articulations is one thing.
Merging, stacking and crossfading them is another!

Episode 5 of our SINE video series dives into Polymaps, so you can see for yourself the possibilities SINE opens up.

We’ve been reading all your comments here and on Facebook and YouTube so will try to answer some here.
But also don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and be the first to watch the next/penultimate episode of our SINE series.
Just to answer some of your questions:

Single Instruments will be available really soon, but not with the release of Junkie XL Brass on the 16th Dec.
You can install SINE on 3 different machines!
Other OT libraries will be added to SINE over the next few months. We’ll let you know as soon as they’re available. SINE is really going to transform what you can do with those libraries.
Junkie XL Brass comes with Download a-la-carte, and when we add our other libraries to SINE this will then be available with them too.

Also more walkthroughs of Junkie XL Brass are coming very soon as we also bring our SINE video series to an end

Thanks so much for your comments guys, if you have any questions please comment we are working on something to answer all your questions so keep ‘em coming!!

Thanks,

The OT Team

www.getsine.com

Great video!

May I ask does the new SINE player support sample purging? I only have 32 gb ram so I usually purge all the samples.

Top Bottom