Orchestral Tools - SINE Player - Layers OUT NOW

abrasounds

In the Support of the new website :

THEY will contact us to import existing libraries on our account.
I wonder if there will be any problems to import libraries bought via the NI sale they had. I hope not!

Pier Bover

Sine was out of my radar and just learned about it.

Like Spitfire, another company that moves away from Kontakt. Not surprising really, NI seems to be a sinking ship these days.

I had a conversation today with OT support and asked them explicitly if something was in the making and if I'd better wait with my purchase of Berlin libraries. This was exactly 3 hours before the video was released, haha :))
Anyway they told me: "... all existing customers will get free crossgrades, so there is nothing lost in purchasing now."

Michael Antrum

Only the good die young....
I get the impression the OT are just not quite ready for BF With the new player, which looks very interesting.

I do hope they do something big on Berlin again......

jamwerks

Judging from the announced features, the new player should breath some new life into their existing libraries. Wonder if they were able to easily port their Capsule scripting into Sine?

jneebz

So earlier posts in this thread seem to imply that there's an "a la carte" option where one has the option to purchase only portions of a full library, but that wasn't exactly what this new video described. It sounded more to me that you own a full library and have the option to download only parts of it "to save hard drive space." Did I miss something?

Geocranium

So earlier posts in this thread seem to imply that there's an "a la carte" option where one has the option to purchase only portions of a full library, but that wasn't exactly what this new video described. It sounded more to me that you own a full library and have the option to download only parts of it "to save hard drive space." Did I miss something?

In their original webshop video, it explicitly highlights the feature of buying single instruments from their collections. Would be a bit odd if they backtracked on that for some reason.

LamaRose

Gato Mighty!
The store layout and features look game-changer impressive... and the full-time bundle discounts are a nice touch. I wonder if they would consider discounts per volume of a la carte purchases... say, if you purchase $500 of individual instruments, then you would receive a $100 discount? The same as bundling, but done piecemeal.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Wonder if my (2) 100 Euro Codes from BOI purchases will ever make sense ??
Each usage must be for >599 Eur purchase.

Vik

Scandi Member
Maybe one can buy single instruments, but only download the mic positions you need when you need them?

SHANE TURNER

turnerofwheels
Ohh that's dangerous. I rarely have coin to buy a whole library, but, depending on the price point for each instrument, I could see myself slowly buying up the bulk of the OT collections over the next couple years...

prodigalson

Ohh that's dangerous. I rarely have coin to buy a whole library, but, depending on the price point for each instrument, I could see myself slowly buying up the bulk of the OT collections over the next couple years...
I think that’s the plan.

I may have been mistaken about thinking you could buy just the mic positions you wanted (seemed to make sense if their also allowing you to buy single instruments) But it does seem clear you don’t need to buy the whole collection. You can just buy the solo French Horn from JXL Brass and see how you get on. Don’t want all the epic 12 Horn ensembles etc? Don’t buy em...

Although I would assume the cost of individual instruments will outweigh the cost of the full library so, depending on how many you buy, there may come a point you might as well just buy the whole thing...

Which is probably also the plan

Daniel James

A Nice Guy
As I am sure you are aware I am not a huge fan of custom players but I do appreciate you are bringing some innovations to the table, I will give it a shot for sure. LOVE the mic merging idea!

-DJ

audiosprite

Curious how the account system works - do you create a new account and register with all the codes you got in your purchase emails?

Coqui

Curious how the account system works - do you create a new account and register with all the codes you got in your purchase emails?
I hope they'll reconstruct the serial numbers through Native Access! I bought OT products from OT but also from Native: the idea of searching through e-mails for serial numbers is terrible!