What's new

Orchestral Tools - SINE Player - new update available—version 1.0.5

The up-to-40% off bundles, with a purchasing system that credits you for collections you already own, that's good news as well.

Maybe it can be considered a bit like bringing back the 2018 Black Friday sales on an ongoing basis, but this time making it more workable for people that already own some of the libraries.

Last edited:
The up-to-40% off bundles, with a purchasing system that credits you for collections you already own, that's good news as well.

Maybe it can be considered a bit like bringing back the 2018 Black Friday sales on an ongoing basis, but this time making it more workable for people that already own some of the libraries.
Makes me wonder if I’d be better off waiting for bundle pricing on Ark 4.

Maybe it is just me ... but whenever it comes to new samplers I become very sceptic. I understand that it might be expensive for developers to use and pay for Kontakt. But as a user I never had any issues with Kontakt and so I totally trust it. When a new sampler appears I tend to wait for quite a long time and check out the reaktions of the crowd ... until I finally can be convinced to give it a try.

I don't think it's the licensing fees that are the problem at all. Hiring an orchestra and then paying for a really good studio/recording room is waaaaaaaaaay more expensive than that (how much does one hour at AIR or Teldex cost? One day of recording is probably costing more than the encoding fees for Kontakt Player - this is not the problem).

Maybe it is just me ... but whenever it comes to new samplers I become very sceptic. I understand that it might be expensive for developers to use and pay for Kontakt. But as a user I never had any issues with Kontakt and so I totally trust it. When a new sampler appears I tend to wait for quite a long time and check out the reaktions of the crowd ... until I finally can be convinced to give it a try.
I think it's more so that they can roll out their new store and have a better ecosystem to take advantage of the new tech they have available.

Or just buying the parts you want. *cough cough* strings...
They’ve increased administrative complexity about a million-fold. There are real costs to everything they are doing in an industry where prices are still in decline. They don’t have a huge back catalogue to ensure a regular income stream. The NKS sale in retrospect looks like an attempt to raise cash to finance this move.

I can’t say that I think today’s announcement makes much sense, but little OT has done recently has made much business sense to me. I do hope they know what they are doing because I like their products but the new administrative overhead they are taking on might leave them starved for cash.

I see a world where instead of charging four times the price of the exact same library because of licensing fees, companies provide their own samplers to play their sample libraries and offer more affordably priced virtual instruments for people who's entire paychecks go to rent and bills and for whom saving even 20 a month is an extreme challenge. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom