What's new

Orchestral Tools New Library: TIME MACRO

Yes, that’s what I meant. Sorry to be vague. I was saying that I’m sure we will know Ark 4 is here when we see it, no matter how vague the trailer. :sneaky:

On the other hand, this new library could have been an Ark. A special take on the full orchestra, with sections. Maybe there's no Ark 4 coming ? We had one for Christmas 2015, 2016 and 2017, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll get one every year.

But I hope we will.

Last edited:
It seems to sound nice, and it *could* be really useful. I am sure of only one thing: the price will make me roll my eyes.
Agreed. I find their pricing is usually a little bit of a stretch (I have the same feeling about Project SAM). I know they put out first rate stuff, but so do a lot of companies.

Agreed. I find their pricing is usually a little bit of a stretch (I have the same feeling about Project SAM). I know they put out first rate stuff, but so do a lot of companies.
I find OT's introductory pricing is usually pretty good, and if they had run the Inspire 2 initial pricing longer I might have gotten it because I've heard many good things about some of the patches. (I haven't found the samples Inspire 1 to be terribly useful.) Their regular pricing is high compared to the competitors, and stuff (aside from the Arks) rarely goes on sale otherwise, so I usually just let it go if I don't get one of their libraries on initial pricing. I also don't especially like Capsule but that's a different issue entirely.

On the other hand, this new library could have been an Ark. A special take on the full orchestra, with sections. Maybe there's no Ark 4 coming ? We had one for Christmas 2015, 2016 and 2017, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll get one every year.

But I hope we will.
Hoping you are wrong. If i don't have my annual ARK......it will kill me !!!!!

Maybe MACRO stands for Metropolis Ark Chronometric Rhythms Orchestra?
giphy.gif

What a nice sound! I am missing some more dynamics, but this could be the result of the mastering what was done in this teaser.... . Great!

Tbh I think it is Ark 4. I mean I'm sure it would fit in perfectly with the other three Arks ... and it also (evidently) provides types of sounds that the others don't ... so from a marketing perspective doesn't it seem odd to deliver a library that could easily be named and marketed as Ark 4 but instead to market it as something else?

OT seems really good about thinking things through articulation wise, so that their libraries complement each other. Looking forward to the details!

nice video.

i like it.

glad i'm waiting to spring for a new tool set.

should be an interesting holiday season.

I'm wondering if these developers are running out of things to sample. These libraries are getting more eclectic and more niche. It's getting tougher for me, personally, to make decisions on libraries like this especially OT, which I love but tend to be pretty pricey. I did pass up on Inspire 2 and kind of regret it. (i have the 3 arks inspire 1 and the string runs)

I'll wait for the walkthrough I suppose.

Top Bottom