Orchestral Tools New Library: TIME MACRO

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by ChrisSiuMusic, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Ned Bouhalassa

Ned Bouhalassa Senior Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Yes, the double reeds are too low compared to other instruments.

2. OP
    OP
    ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic Senior Member

Dec 21, 2017
    Thanks for your thoughts! You make a good point.

I’m actually as huge a fan of legato as anyone, but it was really nice and pleasant to see how OT kept their singular focus without sampling legato, as I’m sure many of us have collections featuring the best legatos possible. Hence why I found it quite interesting when I observed this :)

ka00 likes this.
  3. ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Definitely. That singular focus shows their confidence in their vision of what this tool is.:)

ChrisSiuMusic likes this.
  4. prodigalson

prodigalson Senior Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I can’t help but try to imagine a world where another major British developer could release a library and the lack of legsto would be praised as stoic adherence to a lofty ideal instead of just being absolutely destroyed for cutting corners

LamaRose, dpasdernick and SoNowWhat? like this.
  5. lp59burst

lp59burst Keeper Of Odd Knowledge (Kook)

Sep 11, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    OT "British"...? ...Ich denke nicht. :sneaky: ;) :cool:

LamaRose and SoNowWhat? like this.
  6. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Please check out the other mics. Woodwinds and Low reeds sound better to me with Close and AB mics, the tree is a bit to noisey and distant. It really makes a difference check all the mics in these patches, and since it's just 10 patches it's not a big job. THen you can adjust levels on the mics to match other patches and save your versions.

Saxer likes this.
  7. prodigalson

Nov 14, 2013
    I wasn’t talking about OT

lp59burst likes this.
  8. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts Flibbertyjibbit

Jan 27, 2013
    NYC
    Read the threads for Spitfire's Drama Toolkit and you will not have to try to imagine this.
    https://vi-control.net/community/th...t-promo-price-ending-in-24-hours.73534/page-4

I think the idea with Time Macro is that you've already got your basics covered with other core libraries and this is extra texture to layer in. You really shouldn't be expecting this to do the core functions of a strings/winds/brass library. (Although it could cover your basic choir needs.)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Vastman, ChrisSiuMusic and SoNowWhat? like this.
  9. I had a glitch during install, and i am wondering if there are multis in this library?
    Even the Multi instruments section only features one patch here...

10. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    In Multi Instruments: there are (3) Multis in Combined Sections and (10) in Individual Sections.

Patrick de Caumette likes this.
  11. zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    Yes and these are multi patch in one nki. (eg instruments).
    There are no MULTIS like in ARK3 .
    Maybe that was what you wanted ?
    I already made.......37 multis ......Sooooo good !!!

OT should make multis in every library like the ones in Ark 3 . They are really good..... ( I know that the combined orchestra section are like multis.....but in an nki.....)....

12. lp59burst

Sep 11, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    Oops... pardon me for thinking you were referring to OT in an OT thread. :sneaky: ;) :cool:

13. germancomponist

germancomponist Senior Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Germany
  14. prodigalson

Nov 14, 2013
    No, my mistake, apparently I was being too subtle for some. I was talking about Spitfire Audio.

lp59burst and whitewasteland like this.
  15. RandomComposer

RandomComposer Senior Member

Mar 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I personally thought the lack of legato in this library (along with their OSR and Sphere) was so that it doesn't undermine the Berlin series and potentially draw sales away from it by offering a cheaper legato option.

16. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts Flibbertyjibbit

Jan 27, 2013
    NYC
    You totally could get by with buying Time Macro and using it as your core library instead of the Berlin Series...just as long as you don't need any shorts, legatos, runs, dynamics above mf, any solo instruments, half of your brass section, anything recorded in situ, or fast attack on articulations. Or any articulations other than sustains (with a few exceptions).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Si_Withenshaw and whitewasteland like this.
  17. lp59burst

Sep 11, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    Yup, you were... "another major British developer" the another part threw me since it implies an additional thing of the exact same type...

I think you were referring to "developer" and I assumed country of origin... :sneaky:

18. prodigalson

Nov 14, 2013
    Fine, “another major developer who happens to be British” :faint:

19. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Very curious to see what people are doing with this, really hoping to hear more experiment with this the lib.

I'm still so enraptured by the choirs that I haven't really got past them yet. Here's another attempt to build at orchestration that really makes use of the choir textures:

(Oboe and strings are SSW, Olafur Chamber Evo and Tidal)

I suppose I'm also finding the TM strings and winds typically a bit, I guess large is the word. So still contemplating what handle that.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    SoNowWhat? and Shubus like this.
  20. kgdrum

kgdrum Senior Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Hi
    I downloaded with Continuata. Everything seems to be there but none of the rar files unpacked and the install process stopped.
    Has anyone else had this happen?
    I'm inclined to make a OT TM folder and manually unpack the rar files does this seem like a good way to proceed?
    Thanks