What's new

Orchestral Tools - Metropolis Ark 4 - New Demo online!

Really hope the video walk-through is underwhelming or arrives after the introduction period ends (ala Glory Days) - otherwise my bank balance will hate me for a bit and I'll need to cancel Christmas!

They did release two walk throughs before the intro ended for Glory Days. It was just the trumpets that came late. IMO, it would be really asking too much of customers to dive in at over $400 with nothing but that trailer. I expect there'll be a walk through this week

They did release two walk throughs before the intro ended for Glory Days. It was just the trumpets that came late. IMO, it would be really asking too much of customers to dive in at over $400 with nothing but that trailer. I expect there'll be a walk through this week

I hope you're right. Walk through should have been released when pre-orders start imo.

I'm kind of shocked OT hasn't released any more information on this yet. No more demos, no walkthroughs, 8 days until the preorder offer expires...

The longer they leave it the better it needs to be. Really poor form. As with Glory Days I'm rapidly losing interest now.

Embarrassed to admit ( after very cool & helpful Posts ) that I'm leaning to Ark 4 in the face of legitimate calls for more 'useful' info /walkthroughs /etc.
Having Ark 1 /BO_ Inspire 1 & 2/Time Macro …. Ark 4 could offer real, incremental content at 'reachable' cost.
Ark 2 is so obvious a choice and recommended strongly …… :blush::blush:

Embarrassed to admit ( after very cool & helpful Posts ) that I'm leaning to Ark 4 in the face of legitimate calls for more 'useful' info /walkthroughs /etc.
Having Ark 1 /BO_ Inspire 1 & 2/Time Macro …. Ark 4 could offer real, incremental content at 'reachable' cost.
Ark 2 is so obvious a choice and recommended strongly …… :blush::blush:
Ark 4 is a complete cypher and therefore promises the infinite (as well as POWER LEGATO!). That’s why it seems so appealing. When we get the walkthrough and demos we’ll know better.

I suppose the good news is that Ark 4 is probably a good blind purchase, considering there's never been an Ark dud...?

Redundant more comes to mind for me. But that depends on what instruments one already owns.
If the idea of Ark 4 is indeed a kind of "power" chamber orchestra, as some have suggested, much will depend on how OT can manage the tension between detail and power into a more or less consistent tone where everything fits together (and with the other Arks). If they can do that I don't think it will be redundant (though I'm still not sure it's anything I want or need). But who knows if that's what OT is even aiming at.

Top Bottom