Orchestral Tools - Metropolis Ark 4 - Screencast Chapter I online!

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by OrchestralTools, Dec 6, 2018.

1. RandomComposer

RandomComposer Senior Member

Mar 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I think it would be a smart move to have an extra discount for those who own all the previous Arks.
    It would become a no-brainer for those who already own everything else and are questioning whether they need this, while also encouraging new customers to buy the other Arks on sale and take advantage of the offer on this one.

Inceptic, lumcas, ChazC and 2 others like this.
  2. galactic orange

galactic orange Sensor Number

Jun 23, 2016
    They’re probably wagering that if you’ve bought 3 out of the 4 then there’s a good chance that you’ll buy number 4 too. Just a guess.

3. zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    Just saw this : artics list : tba: Metropolis Ark designed epic multis . Interesting.........Multis like the ones in Ma3 ......but designed. Cool !!!

sekkosiki likes this.
  4. Wolf68

Wolf68 I should compose something.

Jul 4, 2018
    Now THIS is what I call a good Trailer. really very professional made, ressspect!
    PS: ...and please let us know, what "power legato" is!

5. zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    Yes super trailer as always.OT does very cinematic trailers. It doesn t show us any legato......We want to hear all of this library' s legatos....
    Give us power !!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 1:17 PM
  6. ChazC

ChazC Cryogenically frozen in 1986 and just thawed out

Jun 8, 2015
    Melbourne
    It doesn't really show us any anything to be honest. I wish developers who do this kind of thing would have decent walkthroughs available as soon as they announce a product rather than waiting til just before the preorder offers finish. Never understood why they do that, makes no sense IMO.

sostenuto likes this.
  7. whiskers

whiskers Domo arigato, power legato.

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    yep, would never purchase without a walkthrough.

Release the trailer a week before the sale, build up hype and guessing at what it is, then release the walkthroughs on the same day as the sale.

dodecabilly, ChazC and richardt4520 like this.
  8. lumcas

lumcas Senior Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Pardon my ignorance, haven’t read each and every post in this thread, but is there a walkthrough available yet?:)

9. Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo Throbbing Member

Jul 1, 2016
    That's what got me.

I had been on the fence with Exp D for my Arks as a front/first hack.

Saw this and the Articulations and Features PDF,

sold.

• The Front Row of the Metropolis Series
    • Focused Section Sizes

Still hanging on for a BHCT WL deal.

whitewasteland likes this.
  10. Robo Rivard

Robo Rivard Senior Member

May 11, 2016
    Québec
    I'm so glad I'm broke and unemployed right now... There is no room for Satan, and I can enjoy life without unhealthy desires.

LamaRose likes this.
  11. Zoot_Rollo

Jul 1, 2016
    5ff3fcb967bdf320fefe37da17e31bbb.gif

X-Bassist, JohnG, LamaRose and 5 others like this.
  12. Robo Rivard

Robo Rivard Senior Member

May 11, 2016
    Québec
    Haha, I've been watching this GIF for twenty minutes!!!

richardt4520 and Zoot_Rollo like this.
  13. midiman

midiman Senior Member

May 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Disappointing not having the Loyalty discount. I think this is the the one I will pass on because with the other 3 Arks I can do so much already. With a Loyalty discount I probably would get it as there are some interesting articulations that I liked in the demo, and also the voices seem nice and diferent enough from the previous editions. But it is strange to say the least, to stop giving loyalty discounts on Ark 4... What is the message here? Loyalty is no longer valued? I don't seem to be the only one unhappy about this...

Inceptic, jadedsean and whiskers like this.
  14. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Would you buy it at the same price if it already included a loyalty discount and would just cost 50 bucks more for everyone who doesn't own one of the previous Arks?

15. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    Someone's gotta pay for the POWER LEGATO!

Edit to add: this is how they handled the previous Arks. Loyalty got you 50€ off. So for those who have been buying Arks loyally this represents roughly a 17% increase in cost. It doesn't break the bank to be sure, but I also understand why people are irritated, especially with all the other unannounced policy changes OT is making with respect to sales and so forth. It's not like the company has been communicative about any of this. I mean that's their choice, but it's not the best customer relations.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 1:54 PM
  16. bvaughn0402

bvaughn0402 Senior Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Austin, TX
    Well, seeing how I just bought 3 OT libraries recently, I would love to get it for free or a deep loyalty discount. :)

17. midiman

midiman Senior Member

May 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I feel a certain sarcasm in your question, but I will disregard it. The answer is... I would buy it for 299, as I did for the previous 2 Arks that offered a loyalty discount.
    I would go as far as saying that the loyalty discount should be proportional to how many products you bought in the past, or at least how many of the Arks you bought before. That is how Strezov does it and I find it very fair. A person who bought 3 Arks should get bigger discount than one who bought only 1 ark, and so forth. In this way they are making the case that they no longer care about loyalty. It may be a subtle statement, but it certainly encourages me to look elsewhere at other developers that do care about loyalty. Or implement a no Loyalty system from the start. It is strange to give loyalty discounts for the first 3 Arks, and now drop it, with no good reason. They just said there is no loyalty discount on Ark 4, and made no effort to give at least some reasoning for it.
    Fine. It is their choice. And I also have my choice, which is to pass on Ark 4. Really love the first 3 Arks, but I think I'll live without the 4th..
    Unless they reveal what POWER LEGATO is all about and turns out to be a game changer. I doubt it though :)

ChazC and MartinH. like this.
  18. Zoot_Rollo

Jul 1, 2016
    i, for one (so it seems), am looking forward to the 19th.

whoot!

19. Zoot_Rollo

Jul 1, 2016
    "Loyalty" - 7 counts.

FTW.

20. JohnG

JohnG Senior Member

Nov 13, 2007
    California
    Help! Deviate Prevert Alert!!!

Zoot_Rollo likes this.