What's new

Orchestral Tools - Metropolis Ark 4 - New Demo online!

OrchestralTools

Size may be king in the natural world but sometimes the real power lies beneath the surface. After all, some of the tiniest insects are hardwired to floor a six-ton elephant.
This latent symbiotic power comes to the fore in the same way with Metropolis Ark 4 – Elite Orchestral Forces, which integrates various approaches from the previous three collections, performed to perfection by the Metropolis Orchestra.

The sections are not small – they are sharply focused like the Maschinenmenschrobot in Fritz Lang’s Metropolis, all unbridled expressive energy and singularity of purpose.
Similarly, the mixed wind sections are not instrumental sections in the conventional sense, but rather special blends of colors that come together to create a broad palette of virtual instrumentation. All performed and mixed in such a way that the listener perceives them as a single sound.

Just like the oppressive calm before a returning storm, the sound is always powerful and aggressive. The dynamic range goes from pianississimo to fortississimo, but the underlying force and bite is always there – every whisper is a controlled scream.

This time around, we have special high energy articulations – Power Legato, Martele Sets, Overblown Winds, Overpressure Strings – designed to harness the raw power behind the professional sheen.

Find the full https://orchestraltools.com/resources/documents/Metropolis_Ark_4.pdf (Articulation List here).

As well as the strong rhythmic and melodic articulation sets, Metropolis Ark 4 provides the building blocks for creating striking orchestral effects and textures. Shaped by their rough surroundings, these sounds are edgy, offbeat and expressionistic.

Metropolis Ark 4 includes an impressive array of High, Mid and Low String Sections for you to choose from, not to mention 10 Mixed Brass & Woodwinds Sections. With a Melodic Percussion Ensemble, Tuned Timpani & Tom Ensemble and a whole host of Percussion and Drum Ensembles at hand to harness the rhythms. And for that additional emotional charge, there is a Women’s and Men’s Choir at your fingertips.

Screencast Chapter I

Screencast Chapter II

As with previous collections, Metropolis Ark 4 was recorded at the sublime Teldex Scoring Stage in Berlin. The distinctively balanced room – neither too wet nor too dry, and with the finest microphones from the last five decades at its disposal – takes our Berlin Series and Metropolis Ark Series to a whole new level.

PRE-ORDER SPECIAL

349€+VAT instead of 549€+VAT.
Special ends with the release of the collection, December 19.

HIGHLIGHTS
  • The Front Row of the Metropolis Series
  • Focused Section Sizes
  • Ten Unique Woodwind and Brass Blends
  • Women and Men Choir
  • Extreme Dynamic Ranges
  • Extreme Articulations - Overblown / Overpressure
  • Introducing Power Legato
SPECS
  • Kontakt 5.8.1 or free Kontakt Player needed
  • 98 GB of Samples (47 GB NCW compressed)
  • 24Bit / 48KHz Patches

Get all information on our https://orchestraltools.com/libraries/metropolis_ark_4.php (product page).

Last edited:
I think I'm crushing on you, OT.
Loving that. I'm in. Thanks OT for giving us out yearly Ark . Was dreaming of ark4. Now we got it !!!
YeahYeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Thanks sooooooo much !!!!!

Ps: what is power legato ???

I look forward to the screencasts. But this looks and sounds great. Perhaps the best of the Arks ? (too early? :) )..

Also, @OrchestralTools - How many dynamic layers are there in the extreme dynamic range instruments?

Last edited:
After checking the sample content I'm not impressed at all. I think much of this can be solved musically with the existing Ark series. This brings only some colour to the palette which someone can do with Forzo and Novo or afflatus srings.
Let's see if this "power legato" and their ppp to fff dynamic range sounds convincing. NKS support wold also be good.

Hmm... the demo track sounds pretty huge to me considering the limited amount of players. I would be curious to hear this same cue rendered with an ark 1 and ark 2 combo seeing as I already have both of those. I sometimes feel like i'm buying a ton of overlap with these libraries. If I may use a cooking analogy it's like I have the whole meal laid out and I'm just refining it with extra spices. Yes, sometimes those spices are crucial but oftentimes they can get "lost in the mix"

Anybody else feel the same way? I have been looking at Spitfire's Bernard Herrmann Toolkit just to get something very different.

-Extrem Articulations - Overblown / Overpressure
-Introducing Power Legato

Extrem Trailer!

I knew without looking Sascha Knorr wrote that cue, so fine!

Thinkin' about this...maybe I'll wait for Xmas 2020. Or not. I'm sensing some devious marketing here...:thumbsdown:

"Metropolis Ark 4: Two By Two"

I think much of this can be solved musically with the existing Ark series.

Of course, but now finally you can write in the Metropolis Ark style with authentic divisi section articulations! This has, of course, been the gaping hole in every epic composer's toolbox.

Hmm... the demo track sounds pretty huge to me considering the limited amount of players.

Indeed, Teldex is magic. It apparently makes 3 violins sound like an HZ army.

Top Bottom