What's new

Orchestral Tools - Metropolis Ark 4 - New Demo online!

MartinH.

I feel a certain sarcasm in your question, but I will disregard it. The answer is... I would buy it for 299, as I did for the previous 2 Arks that offered a loyalty discount.
I would go as far as saying that the loyalty discount should be proportional to how many products you bought in the past, or at least how many of the Arks you bought before. That is how Strezov does it and I find it very fair. A person who bought 3 Arks should get bigger discount than one who bought only 1 ark, and so forth. In this way they are making the case that they no longer care about loyalty. It may be a subtle statement, but it certainly encourages me to look elsewhere at other developers that do care about loyalty. Or implement a no Loyalty system from the start. It is strange to give loyalty discounts for the first 3 Arks, and now drop it, with no good reason. They just said there is no loyalty discount on Ark 4, and made no effort to give at least some reasoning for it.
Fine. It is their choice. And I also have my choice, which is to pass on Ark 4. Really love the first 3 Arks, but I think I'll live without the 4th..
Unless they reveal what POWER LEGATO is all about and turns out to be a game changer. I doubt it though :)
I didn't intend to sound sarcastic, thanks for answering! I totally get the frustration that loyal Ark users must feel. I just find psychology and "behavioral economics" fascinating, because often times people will behave sort of irrationally when it comes to money. E.g. I wouldn't be surprised if it was less about the price and more about the "gesture". I've heard a story from a freelancer where a client wasn't willing to pay a certain amount for a quoted 1 day of work, but was willing to pay the same freelancer a higher amount of money, for the same deliverable, just because this time he said it would take him 3 days of work (which it didn't). So I wouldn't be surprised if there was less backlash if there still was a discount and the whole thing was just 50 bucks more expensive, thus negating that discount again.

From a financial standpoint I'm not sure loyalty discounts make tons of sense. They mean you're "undermonetizing" your most loyal fans and making the price for new customers feel higher, because they see what others are paying. The other way around would almost make more sense to me, like you get 25% off on your first OT purchase as a welcoming gift, but there'd be no good way to prevent people from gaming that system and making a new account every time they buy something. Time limited discounts like the preorder discount or BF sales make tons of sense to me. Nowhere have I bought so much stuff that I don't need as in time-limited sales...

Breaker

The fact that OT is currently selling the other Arks for a lower price than ever might affect their decision to not to have any loyalty discounts this time. I mean that probably 90% of their potential customers already have at least one Ark now, especially as Ark 4 seems to be a "complementary library" for the previous Arks.

whitewasteland

That's what got me.

I had been on the fence with Exp D for my Arks as a front/first hack.

Saw this and the Articulations and Features PDF,

sold.

• The Front Row of the Metropolis Series
  • Focused Section Sizes

Still hanging on for a BHCT WL deal.
If you're curious, Berlin First Chairs + Strings from Arks 1, 2 and 3 is exactly how I've been working for my 3 mockup covers :)

prodigalson

Really hope the video walk-through is underwhelming or arrives after the introduction period ends (ala Glory Days) - otherwise my bank balance will hate me for a bit and I'll need to cancel Christmas!
They did release two walk throughs before the intro ended for Glory Days. It was just the trumpets that came late. IMO, it would be really asking too much of customers to dive in at over $400 with nothing but that trailer. I expect there'll be a walk through this week

axb312

They did release two walk throughs before the intro ended for Glory Days. It was just the trumpets that came late. IMO, it would be really asking too much of customers to dive in at over $400 with nothing but that trailer. I expect there'll be a walk through this week
I hope you're right. Walk through should have been released when pre-orders start imo.

ChazC

Cryogenically frozen in 1986 and just thawed out
I'm kind of shocked OT hasn't released any more information on this yet. No more demos, no walkthroughs, 8 days until the preorder offer expires...
The longer they leave it the better it needs to be. Really poor form. As with Glory Days I'm rapidly losing interest now.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Embarrassed to admit ( after very cool & helpful Posts ) that I'm leaning to Ark 4 in the face of legitimate calls for more 'useful' info /walkthroughs /etc.
Having Ark 1 /BO_ Inspire 1 & 2/Time Macro …. Ark 4 could offer real, incremental content at 'reachable' cost.
Ark 2 is so obvious a choice and recommended strongly …… :blush::blush:

jbuhler

Embarrassed to admit ( after very cool & helpful Posts ) that I'm leaning to Ark 4 in the face of legitimate calls for more 'useful' info /walkthroughs /etc.
Having Ark 1 /BO_ Inspire 1 & 2/Time Macro …. Ark 4 could offer real, incremental content at 'reachable' cost.
Ark 2 is so obvious a choice and recommended strongly …… :blush::blush:
Ark 4 is a complete cypher and therefore promises the infinite (as well as POWER LEGATO!). That’s why it seems so appealing. When we get the walkthrough and demos we’ll know better.

Mike Fox

I suppose the good news is that Ark 4 is probably a good blind purchase, considering there's never been an Ark dud...?

Top Bottom