Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark 4 - Elite Orchestral Forces

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Fry777, Dec 6, 2018.

1. zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    It's because they all are in a rush.....everything is coming in the next 10 days.......for sure.....just have to wait.....they are still working ....see the MA4 artics pdf TBA : Designed epic multis.....they are still working !!!

2. Kony

Kony Bad ape

Jul 29, 2016
    Good point! Whether it's to get a library out before BF, or on BF, or before Christmas etc, it doesn't give me confidence in the product.

I think the only devs who don't rush are Cinematic Studio Series and AudioBro.... ;)

Zoot_Rollo and MartinH. like this.
  3. zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    Yes...but i'm confident in OT products. Just wait a few days....

Zoot_Rollo likes this.
  4. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    I'm really not confident, and I have no idea what many of these articulations sound like—nor indeed what the concept of this library really is. We've had one very short demo. And we're supposed to pull the trigger on this in 11 days. OT being a German company, I can't imagine they'll release anything over the weekend...

Then again given how folks are trashing the SF library for somewhat hastily showing their product, OT not showing much at all of theirs may well be the better strategy, at least for a forum like this. Better to have people yelling about nothing than to give them any real notion of what the instrument sounds like.

Raphioli and Batrawi like this.
  5. zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    The trailer music sounds like.....ark1......BUT the surprise will come....this is a front row library....so chamber size ....meaning details.....making quiet to power sounds.....I'm waiting to hear the 3 violin and also the 3 violas. How detailed the sound will be.
    And i'm confident the power legato will be something....special......hoping...
    And choir shouts.....Yeah...and the martelee and ALL the other legato combinations for melody lines.......AND the designed multis.......

6. Francis Bourre

Francis Bourre Member

Apr 26, 2018
    I doubt OT is rushing, they're releasing ARK from year to year, and making an announcement with an audio track is their standard marketing approach. Walkthrough normally comes few days after. I don't see anything different for this campaign. Patience is the key.

zimm83 likes this.
  7. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    Yeah, it's about 90% speculation at this point. They'd have done better to just tease it this week and then make the official announcement next week when they were ready with demos and walkthroughs. I think the same is true of SF and their brass library. OT and SF both seem very rushed at this point, and very rushed will likely mean mistakes in the libraries. And how quickly will they fix those mistakes?

Raphioli and ChazC like this.
  8. Britpack50

Britpack50 Member

May 26, 2016
    wrong thread but SF Brass walkthrough is out. I'm not the expert but sounds great....

9. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018
    The NI SSC has some bugs that apparently never got fixed. I've encountered and reported bugs in other libraries and those won't get fixed either because the libraries are going to be re-released soon anyway. I would be more concerned about whether something will receive bug fixes at all, if it's released in a buggy state. Longterm support for libraries doesn't seem to provide good financial ROI, going by the behaviour of some devs. I'm not judging, it's just the conclusion from my observations.

Personally not a fan of the room's sound, but thanks for reminding people that there are other brass libraries as well. I was actually considering Project Sam Orchestral Brass classic for a moment last week. But I'll probably try my luck with Ark 1 instead.

Kony likes this.
  10. Brian Nowak

Brian Nowak Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    Even in my current butthurt state over OT's big sales it has me a bit tempted. I'm not a fan of forced heterogeneous instrument combinations, however. It makes things considerably less flexible in many ways.

Is it "really" the front line of an Ark orchestra if I have forced heterogeneous combinations in almost every woodwind or brass setting?

Why not go for it and do a true Ark-style interpretation of more similar instruments, letting users make more of their own orchestration decisions? High winds, mid winds, and low winds with all the "power" stuff would have been pretty killer.

I have other solo instruments and small groups of brass that I can blend with the Arks reasonably well. So unless the demos or walkthrough truly sell how unique this library is, I'm probably not sold. I'm certainly never going to pay 549 Euros for it...

11. lumcas

lumcas Active Member

Jul 20, 2008
    I'm confused. No offense, but why do you post here a Spitfire library walkthrough when you're clearly aware of the fact that this thread is called "Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark 4 - Elite Orchestral Forces"? Linking OT library walkthrough in the Spitfire thread wouldn't even cross my mind really. No big deal, just asking.

12. DarkestShadow

DarkestShadow Senior Member

Are you from Orchestral Tools? o_O

lumcas and Parsifal666 like this.
  13. Parsifal666

Parsifal666 I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    lol! +1

lumcas likes this.
  14. Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    I'd take the Berlin, EWH, and Arks over this, personally. Not much impressed.

ChazC, richardt4520 and JW like this.
  15. lumcas

lumcas Active Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Veeery funny:) no I'm not and since you're asking I like and use products from both developers and I'm a big fan of both. And I wouldn't probably mind that much a link to any Albion walkthrough, but SF Brass is an entirely different beast with a different approach and purpose. But as I said it's not a big of a deal. I could've also ask if Britpack50 works for Spitfire but I just didn't feel like it.

Parsifal666 likes this.
  16. Raphioli

Raphioli Active Member

Dec 22, 2016
    I pretty much agree with what @jbuhler is saying on this page.

OT basically started a pre-order period with just a teaser.
    So at this point we can only make assumptions. And I would be surprised if they increased the pre-order price before releasing an in-depth walkthrough.
    And I also prefer a "walkthrough only" rather than a "demo only" pre-order period.

Its best to have both, but if I had to make a choice, it would be a walkthrough.
    You get a more in-depth look at the sound of the individual patches/articulations.
    And with a walkthrough video, we might also been able to get some info on their "Power Legato". (TBH, they should be more clear about what Power Legato is on their product page)
    You can also sometimes even spot the cons of the library with walkthroughs, where with a single demo, you can only get a glimpse.
    I'm not sure how many people could make a decision of paying $400 from a glimpse...

Don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on OT. I love some of their libraries.
    I just don't like how they are doing it with the Ark4 pre-order period.
    Just my personal humble opinion.

ChazC likes this.
  17. Mystic

Mystic Senior Member

Sep 29, 2013
    My only major concern is that OT had so many large libraries release in a very short period of time (Time Macro, Iconica Ensembles, Glory Days, now Ark 4) which is very unlike them that they would cut corners on Ark because it's already got a very dedicated userbase. I do hope I'm very wrong and the walkthrough absolutely wows me but the whole idea of this particular Ark seems to have gone in a very odd direction. I guess we'll see in a few days.

18. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    Speculation is fun, but there is really no urgency to purchase anything before a walk-through during the intro period.

19. Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    +1

Bansi likes this.
  20. Raphioli

Raphioli Active Member

Dec 22, 2016
    yeah, I'm not spending a penny till I can see a walkthrough.

But (to quote my post), my main concern is this.
    I hope they keep the pre-order price at 349euros until we're able to see a walkthrough.
    I'm really interested in how the individual patches sound on their own and what power legato is.

dodecabilly likes this.